1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Creating and adding lanterns as well as colors. and admin colors.

Discussion in 'Modding [KAG Classic]' started by Chidori, Apr 7, 2013.

1. Chidori

Chidori Naruto ナルト Donator

I have two questions for you guys:

1)How would i add new lanterns and change the color of lanterns, as well as the price of lanterns.

2)Is there a way to change the color of admins for whenever they log into rcon?

Thanks, and someone please post a reply as soon as possible! Thanks!

2. SirLoading

SirLoading Bison Rider

1) Go to your KAG folder, then to Base, Entities and then to Items. Copy your Lantern.cfg file and find lines:
    In first of them you can change radius of light, and in second color of it.

Go back to Entities folder and open Rooms. Open config file that is used by your server.
    change this line to:
    Then you must add lines:
    c5 and w5 is cost of lantern. Number is amount of resource. C is for coins, w is for wood, s is for stone and g is for gold.
    This lines have to be added under Room_function syntax. It's at the end.
    2) I don't know answer for this question but it's probably impossible.

3. jackitch

jackitch :(){ :|: & };: Global Moderator Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Yes there is, but to be perfectly honest, I don't think it's in your best interests to do that. Either make them permanently logged in (admins) or keep them locked out (regular players).

If you really wanted to do that anyway, you'd need to have two separate seclevs for your admins. In the one that appears first in your seclevs.cfg list, you'd have your admins' usernames, with no admin_color feature and just regular commands like map_vote and pingkick_immunity. In the other admin seclev (make sure this one comes after in the seclevs.cfg list) you'd add your admins' names again, set the role = rcon; and then add their commands for banning / kicking and the feature admin_color.

Keep in mind, this means that each admin would have to log into rcon just to get their mod powers, which is really just a waste of time.

If I misunderstood you, and what you really meant was: Can I change an admin's red name to a different colour?, you can't do that yet unfortunately. You will be able to make a mod for the beta once it is released though.

4. Chidori

Chidori Naruto ナルト Donator

Yeah i meant could i change admin's red name to a different color. Thanks Jack anyway, i appreciate it :). And Thanks to you as well sirloading :D
    </br>--- merged: Apr 7, 2013 9:07 PM ---</br>
    If i am using kag2dservers.com to edit my server how would i do so? Because it doesn't allow me to copy and paste new lantern files :/

5. Dovydas

Dovydas Shopkeep Stealer

Chidori, You could not change the default admins color in TAB, it is hardcoded in the game.

I am not 100% on this but for the kag2dservers.com, you probably have to use an FTP client, they should have info on it, Here is a good FTP client.

https://filezilla-project.org/