1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Crypt of the Necrodancer

Discussion in 'Other games' started by DatNobby, Feb 6, 2015.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. DatNobby

DatNobby Haxor

http://necrodancer.com/
    This game is amazing.
    It's described as a "hardcore rogue-like rhythm game", where you traverse the dungeons and move/fight to the beat. As expected, there's hoards of loot and gear to find, with a plethora of monsters to use said gear on. The music is one of the best soundtracks I've had the pleasure to listen to, and there's even an option to use custom music in levels.
    And the shopkeeper sings. He sings. Why have you not bought this game yet?

2. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

My Steam library hungers for this game.

jimmyzoudcba and LemSpike like this.
  3. Skinney

Skinney THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator Tester

It's a fantastic game, I always get rekt on the daily hardcore challenge. :QQ:

Apronymous likes this.
  4. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Fabulous game, @Wonkyth and I love seeing how far we can get in multiplayer hardcore. (Haven't beaten the third section while playing together, yet...). Actually, kinda wishing I'd been more involved with their community as there was a sweet community manager job (paid) they had open, just recently, for CotN community members.

5. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

I played this a while ago and thought it was incredible, but stopped playing it for a while.

I've just started playing it again and while I was expecting a zone 4 by now, I thought I'd check it out anyway and see if there were any cool new items. Not only have I been reminded how seriously awesone the game is, I'm still finding tons of great new stuff after plenty of games, and I'm still learning new crazy item combinations. For example, a cat + ring of phasing allows you to hit people while dancing in and out of the walls (finally something useful about phasing).

This is once again one of my favorite games. Almost every dungeon ends up being really unique and/or hilarious for me.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  6. DatNobby

DatNobby Haxor

Poking around in the game files reveals that there's actually a fair amount of work being done on zone 4 - like the tile sets, boss track, and some enemies. Personally, I avoid any spoilers, but that info is out there if you want.

7. Potatobird

8. DatNobby

DatNobby Haxor

oh, so that's what those bomb pads do...
    I never had the desire to actually step on one and find out, in fear of it being some horrible trap

9. dayleaf

dayleaf Haxor
    1. The Thieves Guild

I found this game like 1.5 months ago, and i want it, i want it so hard

10. Released from early access and 25% off atm, zone 4 is pretty sweet.

11. Skinney

Pretty sweet is an understatement IMO, I'm currently having a hell of time trying to figure out Dead Ringer.

12. Yeah seriously dude, took like a solid 2 hours just to finish zone 4 itself. Leading dead ringer to one of the bottom corners and then going back up to the gong worked the best for me, since he'll eventually reach you can just dodge outta the way.

Prolly not even what you're having trouble with, but hopefully it helps.

13. DatNobby

DatNobby Haxor

dead ringer is actually pretty easy once you get the pattern down
    if you have the ability to freeze him it's a cakewalk because you basically skip a stage

14. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

@DatNobby should I get the game? I need your expert advice since it seems you've played it quite a bit. (you're welcome mate).

15. Potatobird

My crown of teleportation made me sad :<

[​IMG]

And yes @Anonymuse everyone should buy this game, it's really really good

CheeseMeister likes this.
  16. Skinney

Yeah, I dont see any way out of that sitation.

17. Potatobird

I would have had to just wait for the beat to end, but I think I ragequit after that. And those were some good items too that I couldn't afford :(

18. Skinney

You could have tossed your dagger at the shopkeeper and aced him with the glass cat.

19. Potatobird

Woh, you can hit him with the dagger? huh. But don't the items still have a price until the shopkeeper leaves the room?

20. DatNobby

DatNobby Haxor

oh man
    aria's soundtrack is so good
    but aria is so difficult
    why must this game torment me

Mods: BlueLuigi