1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[CTF] Apophenia: The Sunken Anomaly

Discussion in 'Maps' started by Carver, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Carver

Carver Meitantei-san Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

[​IMG]
    Apophenia is a CTF map with two pathes, an above ground hill, as well as an underground cavern, filled with ruins, mystery, and water. This map aims to utilize water in such a way that does not cause a map stalemate, by allowing for an alternate route, in response to maps with water levels unable to support tunneling. This map also features a large water-filled cavern along with small islands adjacent to the bank of each teams respective sides.

You can download the map in .png or .kag format!

Here are a few pictures(Gameplay pics coming eventually):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lastly, Contrary and I are hoping to make a lot of revision to this map. If you happen to run this map on your server I'd love to hear some suggestions and criticisms.

For example (and so nobody repeats them in the thread), Contrary and I already know:
    • People hardly go underground. I just played a game before I posted this and we won playing almost totally above ground.
    • The cavern lags a bit. The lighting the game has to process for the cavern seems to be taxing to a small degree -- while it's nothing too severe it is noticeable.
    We've been considering adding a pit to the hill, which would lessen the lighting lag inside the cavern and drop players into the water, creating more combat down below, as well as giving players more time to set up on top of the hill.

2. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

Looks great, are there any servers that run this map?
    Also like the idea of shallow water/ sewer type thing below the caverns which could mean your end if reckless and get more use for lanterns :) .

3. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

It's on MOLE server.

And beware of spelunking the ruins in the cavern, our researchers report a mysterious growling of unknown origin. A small team was sent down to investigate but never returned...