1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Culinary Corner (Mostly Cooking Oils)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Sytoplasma, Jan 26, 2015.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Sytoplasma

Sytoplasma Haxor

You'd be surprised how many fanatics we have. Have at it, guys!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2015
    BlueLuigi and Pizza like this.
  2. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Not talking about fight club aside, yus, cooking is teh bomb!

Bist cooking oil is macadamia cooking oil (dish depending, ofc). 'Stralia, fook yeah! :flex:

Noburu likes this.
  3. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

Um. I, well, I know how to cook. A few things. A few things being exactly three things. Those things being brownies, pancakes, and scrambled eggs.
    Proper, uh, oiling of metallic surfaces is helpful in those first two. Not so much in the third, because I usually use the microwave for that.

Oh, sorry. I almost forgot to mention I can also make ramen.

.... I should really learn more things before I grow old and die.

BlueLuigi and hierbo like this.
  4. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

My fav is grilled thin cut pork shoulder with my grandfaters vinegar based barbecue sauce. Gotta brush that shit on thick. Awesome on chicken as well.

hierbo and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  5. Sytoplasma

Sytoplasma Haxor

I liek füd

6. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Wife's been making some port and spice plum jam. And by some I mean like 20kg of the stuff. Am in heaven. ^_^

hierbo likes this.
  7. FuzzyBlueBaron

8. While back, me and dad started making Plum Brandy. We figured, we have brandy, we grow a lot of plums - so why not? We've decided to ferment it into Rummtopf, a german fermented plum drink that's fantastic, and traditionally after you haul the fermented oxidised plums out of the rummtopf, you eat them with cream poured over them.

UnnamedPlayer, hierbo, Noburu and 2 others like this.
  9. Noburu

Nothing fancy but i just put a roast in the slow cooker gonna add potatos in a few hours.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  10. FuzzyBlueBaron

Slow cooker, best cooker. Roasts that literally fall apart when you poke them with a knife/fork/carrot. Mmmm... :X3:

Lawrence_Shagsworth likes this.
  11. Noburu

Can confirm was delicious.

BlueLuigi and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  12. Sytoplasma

Sytoplasma Haxor

Just add cornstarch, and the plot thickens!

13. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

I made potatoes dauphinoise a couple of days ago. My fingers still smell like garlic.

14. FuzzyBlueBaron

15. Noburu

I just made a simple meatloaf last night . Was still awesome.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  16. Sytoplasma

Sytoplasma Haxor

... I warmed up some chicken nuggets in a microwave... that counts, right?

FuzzyBlueBaron and Noburu like this.
  17. FuzzyBlueBaron

Simple food is 9/10 better than overly complex food, in my experience. Sure, you can make a wild mix of flavours and have it be the toast of the party, but there's something that feeds your heart and soul when you've just got plain, simple, tasty food. ::):

Noburu likes this.
  18. Sytoplasma

Sytoplasma Haxor

Freezer food = best food? Lies.

19. FuzzyBlueBaron

Totally depends on what we're talking about. Ice cream == best food, frozen tripe == terribaide food.

20. Pizza

Pizza Ballista Bolt Thrower

[​IMG]
    Does this count?

On a more serious note:

I like visiting burger places, a burger from a fast food restaurant is cool but nowhere near real ones, it's actually a fine piece of food if you put work in it. Haven't got a pic of my favourite, but it was as big as a coconut at least with bacon, old dutch cheddar, halfway (not sure how to exactly say this) grilled beef, good salad, a pickle and some peppers. damn nice.

[​IMG]
    My American friend made me a burger. "Do you want bacon or fucking much bacon?" Used some random barbeque sauce and his meat grilling skills. Damn, that was actually tasty as hell while simple. Oh and it was fat, I don't like healthy things!

[​IMG]
    Was at a eating place for lunch with mah family, decided to go for a spanish style burger, with peppers, salad and a good grilled burger. Actually nice.

Aside from my love for fat food, I really like cooking. Last special thing I made was a soup made of pumpkins and a vegetarian (Shame's on my dad and his wife) pizza. Composed of a self made tomatoe sauce, lentils, sweet potatoes, bell peppers, tomatoe pieces, shitload of cheese. I went to my dads house to make this with him for his birthday party.

The pizza was really enjoyed by the visitors, except one. My dad's friend. He thought it was not done to not eat meat at a birthday party and since I completely agree we grilled some chicken afterwards. :kappa:

Mods: BlueLuigi