1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

darkdrake (derk) [Accepted]

Discussion in 'Archive' started by darkdrake, Apr 3, 2018.

1. darkdrake

darkdrake Ballista Bolt Thrower Staff Alumni

Which continent are you from?
    • Australia

How often do you play?
    • Usually everyday (weekdays ~ 3-4 + hours, weekends ~ 5-6 + hours. Some days I have played 8-10 hours), otherwise, if hindered by work, whenever I can or am available

What times are you usually available?
    • Weekdays - Anytime 4:00pm - 12:00am, sometimes even past 12:00am (UTC + 10 (AEST)). Some weekdays I am available all day
    • Weekends - Available pretty much any time

Which well known servers have you had admin on before?
    • Only ever had admin experience on some small kag classic servers

Do you have any recommendations from Guards, Official KAG Server Admins, server owners or other notable people?
    • If so, ask them to post here
    • @EhRa

Why should you get admin and what makes you a good admin?

Why should you get admin

• After playing kag for almost 6 years I believe the admin role would suit a player such as myself, as of my experience and the knowledge of all aspects of the game.
    • When playing games, I visualise an enjoyable environment that all players can experience amongst each other in the community with equality. This can only be possible in kag with the reduction of Griefers, Hackers, Team Killers and Spammers in all games. Through all my hours, I am able to recognise the behaviours of these players the moment they start causing mischief, and would act accordingly to the situation.
    • I would consider myself one of the most active Australian kag players, and can see this assisting the community when other Australian admins are not on. I have witnessed many instances of Griefers or Team Killers on Australian servers who cannot be stopped due to lack of active admins. It would be nice to have more active players as admins who can deal with problems that occur at any time. Due to my activity and availability, it is in my belief that I can give back to the Australian kag community most of the time, by dealing with all of these problems whenever I possibly can.
    • With admin I plan to help the community by making sure all players enjoy the game. I am a friendly person to talk to and would be much obliged to help teach any new players who do not understand the game; and have done so numerous times in the past.
    What makes you a good admin
    • Activity - I am capable and more than happy to deal with any issue that arises within the community during any time that i am available.
    • Respect - I respect all players; no matter their experience, and try to help any first time players in need as it benefits them and the community.
    • Status - I am a well known member of the community due to my many hours in kag, and have never griefed or hacked on any server.
    • Friendly - I am a friendly and kind/easy person to talk to and would be willing to help out anyone in need.
    • Experience/Knowledge - I started playing kag alpha in 2012 and have been playing beta for the past couple years - having almost 6 years of experience and knowledge on my side.
    • Rules - I am aware of all server rules and can distinguish between right and wrong.
    • Mature - I am very mature when it comes down to making the right decisions. I will make the right judgements that are fair and unbiased by following server rules.

Any other information you think might be relevant?

• I am very active and engaged within the kag community and have participated in many Australian events including - Oceania gather, Australian knight 2v2, Clan wars (with Australian clans, EU and US) and the World Cup for Australia.
    • I'm almost always online on discord when playing kag and can be reached through the Oceania KAG Discord, main King Arthur's Gold Discord or through PM. To anyone in need of assistance, feel free to ping me on either of the discord or chuck me a direct message - I should respond relatively quickly.

Your Discord nick#number - Discord will be how you will receive realtime assistance calls, as well as a easy way to contact other Official Server Admins.

• exorcist#6011

Edit: Expanded information as I felt it needed more

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
    EhRa, Achillios, Pineapple and 4 others like this.
  2. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

Drake has been a consistent member of the Australian community, both in the casual and competitive side. He is idles on discord and active in game and in the aussie discord. He is also very well known in the aus community.
    Drake has been playing for years, and with that experience is easily able to help out new players and recognise the early signs of negative behaviour (griefing etc.) Even without a large amount of admin experience, I believe drake would easily deal with the tilting types, making him probably one of the best suited aus candidates.

He has also put a lot of work into his application, which deserves a star :yes:

darkdrake likes this.
  3. Achillios

Achillios Pilgrim
    1. Gather Oceania

One of the most worthy people for admin in aus (after crux).

darkdrake likes this.
  4. PooManCHU

PooManCHU Shopkeep Stealer

+1 dark knows the game in and out, one of the best knights in aus he's even better than me:wink: in all seriousness tho he would make a great admin

darkdrake likes this.
  5. Pineapple

Pineapple Arsonist Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. KAG Competitive League
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

Derk is an amazing member of the community and is very active. Derk knows the rules and how he should act in such situations. He is has also had enough experience with this game that I trust him with such a role. +1 ::)::thumbs_up:

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
    darkdrake likes this.
  6. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

darkdrake is the person who stands out the most of all the aussies who have applied so far. He gets along with everyone really well, is known by most, and understands the game and community enough to know what is an innocent joke or purposeful griefing/insulting. I would actually be surprised if he is disliked by anyone and I don't remember a time where he has griefed or done anything inappropriate in-game other than the usual innocent jokes ::D:.

darkdrake likes this.
  7. AgentHightower

AgentHightower Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester Official Server Admin
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Drake is a nice guy that...as people said, can help out people and reduce negative behavior between rule-breakers and whatnot. He's also pretty chill from what i have seen, I think that drake would be a great admin to AUS and all the other continents. He also is able to know the difference between a joke and an insult. Which is one of the most important abilities that an admin should have. :thumbs_up:

darkdrake likes this.
  8. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

Accepted.

Pineapple likes this.