1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Daskew's Pro-Archer Knowledge thread

Discussion in 'Archer' started by daskew87, Nov 22, 2015.

1. daskew87

daskew87 Legendary corpse humper Donator

Hey all.

I quite fancy posting some videos of myself demonstrating some skills with text explaining them, so maybe some players can learn from them, and we might refer nooblers to this hopefully very useful thread :rekt:. And I'm not sure there has been anything like this before on this forum.

The archer is such a cool class and there is so much to learn with it.

!!!I will start by posting again my 3 first tutorials I made before and 2 extra videos. I will post another video shortly.

The footage in places isn't idealic - but I just did this very quickly and got whatever footage I could in a short time.

"Elastic Grappling"
    This is key for archers agility. This skill means you can move vastly faster than the other classes. Dodge past players - even knights on a flat plane if you time it well enough.

Grapple + Shot
    Another skill that enables you to do way more than standardly. You can set up shots a lot faster when you learn how to be able to semi grapple and shoot at the same time.

Ledge Spamming
    This isn't the best gaming footage to show this off. But it is incredibly deadly to enemies when you realise those light quarter shot arrows + gravity become a hailstorm.

Long Range Accuracy
    This shows that distance shots are very feasible and natural after much time and practice. (A dash of luck can help too)

Speeding Through Trees
    This skill is very subtle, but still helpful. Most archers walk through a tree patch like knights. But here I show that archers still have scope for extra velocity.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
  2. JaytleBee

JaytleBee Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. [Server] Sandbox Reborn

Oh, cool! Here's a page from a scrapped guide of mine!
    Knowing your arrow strengths
    It's essential to know the right charge to use for every situation.There's more to arching than triple and single arrows!Here's a list:

quartershot.png
    Quarter Shot
    The weakest kind of arrow you can shoot. It deals1/2 a heart*of damage and is generally only used in hectic melee situations and when fighting with a height advantage*.

halfshot.png
    Half Shot
    It deals1 heart*of damage and takes roughly half the time of a fullshot. Its range is shorter than a full shot's and it doesn't stun foes.

fullshot.png
    Full Shot
    What you think of when you think of an arrow strength. Deals1 heart*of damage. Pretty good all around arrow. Stuns people on close range.

chargedshot.png
    Charged Shot
    Also known as "Shotgun arrow" and "Triple Arrow". It's almost the same as a Full Shot but it shoots 2 additional arrows that deal1 heart*of damage (thus, the shot deals3 hearts*of damage in total) and disintegrate after traveling a relatively short distance. Can break shields (and stun the knight holding it) on short distances. Good for melee.

*Note on damage calculation
    The damage an arrow deals is not calculated based on how long you have been charging. Instead, the enemy takes damage based on how fast the arrow is when it hits them. Thus, a full shot can deal mild damage when you fight upwards and quarter shots down a hill can be deadly. The damage mentioned is the common amount of damage dealt when fighting on a relatively flat map.

powerranges.png
    Image: Range difference between the arrow strengths

Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
  3. Ranmage

Ranmage Builder Stabber

camping is the best strategy, nuff said <3

4. BarsukEughen555

BarsukEughen555 Ballista Bolt Thrower

take ur time, take ur aim, take ur flag
    bombarrows OP

J-man2003 likes this.
  5. JaytleBee

JaytleBee Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. [Server] Sandbox Reborn

*Takes own team's flag*
    wut

Blue_Tiger, daskew87 and J-man2003 like this.
  6. BarsukEughen555

BarsukEughen555 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Ik nothing :O

daskew87 and J-man2003 like this.
  7. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

helped me join a faze clan for archers

thx daskew

daskew87 likes this.
  8. Loominati

Loominati Shipwright

Neat, but I am a clan already. So just more info for me.

9. tru0067

tru0067 Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester

This one's very situational, but if there's a group of enemy knights at the base of your tower and you have either a boulder or a mine and water arrows. You can just stun them all with the water arrows and either drop the boulder on them (this used to be utterly ridiculous before the boulder nerf) or drop the mine and keep them stunned until it deploys.

J-man2003 likes this.
  10. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Haven't a decent archer guide in a while, stickied. Nice work, Dask. ::)::thumbs_up:

blackjoker77777 and J-man2003 like this.