1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Dead game is dead...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Leo, Sep 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leo

Leo Haxor

That's it.

Attached Files:

Arcite likes this.
  2. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

To be fair, it's 1 AM in the states.

That being said, I lol because recently I've seen classic have more players than beta, and that's unheard of.

3. Leo

Leo Haxor

Yeah but even for morning hours I have never seen so few players playing beta before.

4. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

in the last few weeks it has dropped dramatically i usually play at all hours because my sleep schedule is trashed and there are about 50-100 less plaers on at all times

5. saniblues

saniblues KAG Guard Tester

Classic gameplay is a lot simpler, more chaotic. No need to create siege machines, necessarily- you can just get at it and kill each other. It was just fast paced, mindless action. Moreover, Builders had a fair shake at combat. (Not nearly as much as the early beta days. Oh, how I missed wrecking everyone as a builder)

Since it's unsupported, there's more wiggleroom for hackers, as well. So there's that.

6. Ricket

Ricket Shipwright Staff Alumni
    1. Ethereal Legion- ETHER

Aus CTF carries the team, again.

epenow, Ozminer, yellowwhy1 and 3 others like this.
  7. emasame

emasame Bison Rider

that makes me sad. i just moved to italy for a year so ive dissapeared for the last month. I was really hoping it wouldnt decline so much and that id be able to no-life next summer again.

8. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Honestly, the game needs more publicity, right now, it's just sitting on a back shelf on steam getting dusty. It also needs things to keep players around, like achievements.

amgtree and Tern like this.
  9. saniblues

saniblues KAG Guard Tester

We don't necessarily need achievements. Publicity wouldn't hurt, though. An advertisement on Project Wonderful or something could go a long way, but then again, word of mouth goes further. You'd be surprised how much simply talking about the game on other forums helps.

10. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

like idk WALKING ADVERTISEMENTS

11. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

http://www.steamcharts.com/app/219830
    See for yourself (only time when gained was Steam sale, still only 1/4th of Steam release).

Only ways to gain more players that I can think of are reducing the price and adding a few hundred heads, maybe custom armor and custom sword etc and Steam market, gaining those by playing (and maybe unboxing like TF2, CSGO?) but both of these are pretty out of question.

RampageX and Tern like this.
  12. Leo

Leo Haxor

Achievements, achievements and... achievements that's what steam players know and like. That's what will keep them in the game.

yellowwhy1 likes this.
  13. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

>csgo esque market where I have the equivalent of a knife due to my custom head

bring the Jew bucks @Geti

Geti likes this.
  14. Personally I think steam market items are out of. The question

But trading cards and achievements would be cool

15. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

I have a friend who plays Call of Duty obsessively and gets incredibly hyped over getting golden weapons, which are essentially just achievements that are sort of visible in-game, since your weapon is, well... gold.

If that kind of silly little thing can motivate him, I have no doubt that achievements and some sort of system to give players a sense of progress would hold people longer.

Tern and Auburn like this.
  16. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

On the other hand do we really want the servers filled with those kinds of players

thebonesauce and Blue_Tiger like this.
  17. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

I'll take servers with any kinds of players, as long as they function as suitable targets.

PUNK123, Sir_Walter, Noburu and 2 others like this.
  18. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

True, even if they're useless players, they can still make for fun target practice and serve a function by screaming "That guy is hacking wtf nobody can be that good!"

PUNK123 likes this.
  19. Leo

Leo Haxor

Hmm... how about unique custom heads that you earn by hours of playing ?

Tern likes this.
  20. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

It would be awesome if you could get like a golden armor/sword/bow/pickaxe if you have played the game for (I don't know...) +1000 hours?

Also, I think that KAG needs some BIG changes, like a new mode or a new shop?

PUNK123 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.