1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Dealing with ninja-archers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by erik102003, Mar 10, 2017.

1. erik102003

erik102003 Base Burner Tester

How do you guys deal with archers that keep running away, doing combos full, low, ceilingcamping, almost teleporting thanks to the grappling hook stuff and that kind of crap? i do really have a hard time fightning them, most of the time they slowly kill me or make a mistake and i kill them. Coroz is a great example of a ninja archer if you know what i mean.I would like to get an answer on this. :huh?:

Coroz and Biurza like this.
  2. Biurza

Biurza E X T R A T H I C C Staff Alumni Donator
    1. MIST
    2. Active Forum Users

Nothing you can do about that. Archer is an imbalanced class, that never will get nerfed :QQ::QQ::QQ::QQ::QQ::QQ::QQ::QQ::QQ::QQ::QQ::QQ::QQ::QQ:

platy1knight likes this.
  3. BarsukEughen555

BarsukEughen555 Ballista Bolt Thrower

bombs
    bombs
    bombs
    tight space, tunnels, waterbombs, shieldspam

SirDangalang and Magmus like this.
  4. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

• Rarely slash these archers unless they're out of arrows or it's a definite clear shot. Jab them when you're close so they don't have much time to charge a shot.
    • Use your shield a lot to block the arrows and try to shield surf to get as close as you can to the archer.
    • If an archer is charging a triple shot back off a bit. Don't try to attack since the archer will most likely shoot then.
    • Predict the archer's movements and be ready if they try and grapple back over you as you're chasing them. Some better archers also lob a shot as they do this so watch out.
    • Use bombs. Archers generally change directions as you throw the bomb so predict their movements, get as close as you can to the archer and throw late unless you can clearly see them running back to their base in which they generally don't turn back.
    • When using bombs you can quickly light it and put it in your inventory. The sound of the bomb fuse doesn't follow the player while it's in your inventory so this can trick some archers in thinking you don't have a bomb. Be sure to pull it out and throw it before it blows up, of course.
    • Remember which archers use this play style and don't enter a 1v1 with them. Stick with a teammate or two so the archer cannot do much damage.
    • If you get caught in a 1v1 with these archers try and go back to base and heal instead of being greedy and going for the kill. It's not worth the fight if you're most likely going to die. Sometimes the archer takes most of your health and another enemy finishes you off while you're distracted with the archer.
    Good luck and hope this helps ::):
    :spam::knight:

Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
    icemusher and jimmyzoudcba like this.
  5. Magmus

Magmus Ballista Bolt Thrower Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

A real guide now :B):
    • Press ESC
    • Suicide
    Works everytime :rekt:

6. mcrifel

mcrifel Haxor Staff Alumni Tester
    1. MIST

Would be more something for classes and mechanics page, anyhow from my experience of dealing with @Coroz I have learned a couple things.

First off make sure you have layers in your base, everywhere. Make sure that it takes at least 3 bomb arrows to open the flag. Too many times there is only 1 layer and coroz sweeps in and takes the flag. Don't think you don't need layers at the back of the flag because you do. Also make sure its fire resistant, shops are covered and tray tables are in the up right and locked position. Another general tip is to keep watching the map and from time to time do what I call the coroz check, looking for any ninja archers too make sure they aren't hiding in your base. Also if a archer runs past you and you don't think it is worth the trouble to go and chase him down then you are mistaken. Chase that sucker down and make sure he can't get away with the flag!

If you encounter them head on as a builder then don't even try to fight, you won't kill him. Just block yourself away from the ninja.

As archer you would want to stay moving and shoot triple shots, triple shots are easier to hit a moving target with and moving yourself makes it harder to get hit, burgers or hearts are recommended.

But what if you vs a ninja archer as a knight? Keep your shield up fool! always point that shield towards him, does it take a while for him to shoot that means he is charging a triple shot which can break your shield. If that is the case make some distance by shield gliding away or finding cover helps as well depending on the map. Bombs are good to use but make sure you throw it the right way, hold it for as long as possible to give the archer no time of escaping if he finds the bomb landing next to him. Also most ninja archers are smart meaning they will predict where you throw. Throw in front of them instead of behind them cause most ninja archers escape bombs by moving forwards instead of the predictable backwards. So you must be unpredictable as well.

If you are close enough to hit a slash then take it, 1 slash kills an archer. I disagree here with @eps0003, try not to jab unless the archer is at 1 heart. Jabbing will give the archer a boost to make it easier for him to get out of your range. It's hard to get a second chance to hit the archer and he could have healed as well. If the archer is close and in hitting range just use the slash, predict when they try to grapple over in general where they are going so you can slash them.

Those were my 2 cents on the matter. Good luck beating coroz!

Coroz and Biurza like this.
  7. Coroz

Coroz B R B Donator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

I hope not tomany players will read this :D

8. platy1knight

platy1knight Haxor Tester

i shall spread the word then

Biurza likes this.
  9. AvadaKedav

AvadaKedav Bison Rider Staff Alumni Donator

Gg they are learning

Sytoplasma and Biurza like this.
  10. The_Osz

The_Osz Haxor

Dig a hole in the ground >:) :builder:

Magmus, Biurza and mcrifel like this.
  11. jimmyzoudcba

jimmyzoudcba Haxor Tester

Builder: Diggy Diggy Hole/Try to RAMBO to archer if you actually know what you're doing and the situation is right (triple shot not charging, going from above, wall them into tight spaces etc.)
    Archer: Practice and triple shots. Each ninja have a different grapple style, so follow them and try to learn it.
    Knight: Be like me/Have patience and basically everything mcrifail said. Also, if you got that cash and APM you can try to lob out two bombs one back on front which makes it almost impossible to escape if they are within 8 blocks.
    As an additional tip, if you see the archer rekking havoc in your base, you can try to jebait them. Be a builder/archer and head for a workshop/flag room and if they get close before you leave your spawn too far you can switch to knight and try to slash them.
    If not OP, always fight ninjas in pairs or higher >.<

BarsukEughen555 likes this.
  12. Magmus

Magmus Ballista Bolt Thrower Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

Good amount of hints here nice ::):

it hurts inside

Biurza likes this.
  13. AvadaKedav

AvadaKedav Bison Rider Staff Alumni Donator

Please stop :( everyone will know how to counter me

BarsukEughen555 and Sytoplasma like this.
  14. Sytoplasma

Sytoplasma Haxor

I think we should really be scientifically certifying these or something before we potentially taint the public's knowledge with bad information.

BarsukEughen555 and epsilon like this.
  15. jimmyzoudcba

That's true, but hey personal experience :P
    And damn syto I haven't seen you in a really, really long time.

16. franek123

franek123 The architect of the royal castle. Donator Tester

Ninja archers? Just pickaxe their face and smash their spines with ur fat builder ass. Right @Coroz ?

BarsukEughen555 and Magmus like this.
  17. Coroz

Coroz B R B Donator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

You can always try ofc :wink:

18. Sytoplasma

Sytoplasma Haxor

Yeah, I kind of stopped playing KAG since my internet and/or computer seem to have trouble with it. This is kind of like my home community, though, so I tend to check in. The call of my people, the snipers and arrow spammers, brought me to this thread.

jimmyzoudcba likes this.
  19. jimmyzoudcba

Love is still all around in the air, and also lots of bombs, arrows, ballista bolts and other fatal projectiles

20. SirDangalang

SirDangalang Lvl. 128 MissingNo. Donator

Water bombs honestly
    #nohonouramongarcherscoundrels