1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[Dev video] A look at the new vehicle system

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JacKD, Oct 3, 2012.

1. JacKD

JacKD Ballista Bolt Thrower

Looks awesome :O

And with the new modding capabilities of the game we can make all sorts of thing with wheels, like cars, and trucks, and and and cars and stuff xD

2. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

Driving that thing looks like so much fun!

Cirom likes this.
  3. Cerbercre

Cerbercre Brolord 弟兄主 Donator
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Ha!? Driving it!!!?! Picture destorying it! :)

Cirom likes this.
  4. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

It's basically a tank, and stay jealous.

Lord_bugg, BlueLuigi and Cerbercre like this.
  5. vampo

vampo alchemist Donator Tester

i'm imagining using the new blocks to build ramps to the heavens for this things. gosh i hope with its severely decreased mobility that it's also repairable. i also hope battering rams and excited to see ballistas and maybe bolt throwers. :eek::huh?::p

6. laurentiu

laurentiu Ballista Bolt Thrower

This rather little thing which enables you to drive the catas, looks like it will change everything so drasticly. I mean just by looking at this small footage it looks like almost a totally new game. :)

I just can`t wait for the Overworld, or should I say full version, I`m hoping for some really nice RPG elements, that`s what this game misses at the moment.

7. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

Didn't they cancel the overworld?

But anyway, this makes it much harder to put a cata on a roof of a castle, gives them less power. :D

Froghead48 likes this.
  8. SpideY

SpideY Hear Me Roar Staff Alumni Donator

I dont think how that thing could be useful.

Devs should fix bugs in a first time instead of create useless vehicules. There are many other alpha games, many players left already and KAG isnt in Greenlight...

Bammboo and Contrary like this.
  9. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Hey Spidey, you're aware it's an entirely new engine right? They rewrote all the code so really, there isn't gonna be any age old bugs anymore.

10. Worm

Worm Derpship Commander Donator

@SpideY:
    Think before you say, game can't go greenlight now since it's alpha as you said.

Cirom likes this.
  11. TheWids

TheWids Haxor

am i the only one worried about the skin tone, and his shoulders look deformed :QQ: but otherwise it looks cool, defiantly need ballistas.

12. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Now we can really have some KAG racing, if downward slopes build up momentum this could be some fun shit.

13. SpideY

SpideY Hear Me Roar Staff Alumni Donator

We will see after some years if kag is still popular. As an admin of a kag community, i just saw that many players left because of bugs and other things that destroy gameplay.

@bonesauce, lets hope a bugfree game with the new engine.

Im just waiting for a new siege weapon, maybe some new heads (devs can just check the modding forum for that) and a smooth gameplay to create a competitive scene.

14. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

NICE!

Hey..

Saw it?
    MM type '!stone' and he got stone. New commands ?

15. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

In the new version its possible (and easy) to script custom commands for things like this, which is very useful for testing and making videos like this :)

JacKD likes this.
  16. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Those commands are currently only really for testing stuff. Since it's easier to just spawn stuff. If I remember correctly, you'll be allowed to make your own by using scripting. Like for adding bots, or useful for a Role Play server.

damn, ninja'd

Cirom and JacKD like this.
  17. laurentiu

laurentiu Ballista Bolt Thrower

That`s why I said Full version too. Overworld sounded better tho...and more original.

18. ImAwesome

ImAwesome Haxor

Geti has already stated that they will not use other peoples hats, due to legal issues.
    Anyway, this looks great! =D

19. guift

guift Bison Rider

Look awesome !

20. vampo

vampo alchemist Donator Tester

lol
    they will come try it again after the big update and the game will probably be much better. also i'm sure there will be a bit of marketing once the 1.0 game is completed, which should bring a lot of new players. i really want to see this game develop a solid community.

guift and TheWids like this.