1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Disable certain classes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ArtCrusader, Jun 12, 2011.

1. ArtCrusader

ArtCrusader Guest

An option to disable a certain class would be great for new gamemodes. I am thinking of matches where only one or two classes are allowed and the maps are premade. There could be trenchwar: maps made of rock and the only class allowed are archers. Ammunition is limited, because there are no trees, and there are trenches and buildings (top level has doors so you can shoot safely. I already have 1000 ideas how this could be used! :P

2. Overlord

Overlord KAG Guard Tester

I think that knights would be fun in that map also its not trench warfare without the trench raids and explosives:D.

3. ArtCrusader

ArtCrusader Guest

I think scripting would be the way to go if you want bombs. I guess something like this will be implemented soon, and then we will be able to create scripts that bomb one side of the field at a time and stuff like that :)

4. darDar

darDar KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester

would be great to just have an option in the server ini
    archers=0 for excample
    this sounds like a must be

5. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

darDar - again RTFM. :D If you had looked into rules folder you would know that it's kinda already there - but not yet working. You can specify of what classes team will consist. But as I said _it's not working_ *yet*. :)

6. MM

MM THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

I definitely want to do this.
    I've thought of a building only server. Just for fun, no fighting.

7. Furai

I'm still waiting for new features to at last be able to host server only for builders. Preferably builders should have there infinite resources (something similar to infinite ammo in settings) so they could build without taking a break to chop a tree or mine some stone.

With infinite resources there's another idea connected - why not make some kind of infinite block? It would be indestructible and every hit would give you one stone. Same with trees - ever growing tree. Or make them so one could for example get from it 100 stone blocks, after it's "empty" the block would collapse.

One could also implement diamond block...but these are just loose thoughts... :)

8. DorkeyDear

DorkeyDear Shipwright

F11. Keep in mind this is not Minecraft, nor should it be created too closely resembling it (in my opinion).
    I can't really give any reasoning against or for it until suggested behavior and use for it is given.

9. bilbs

bilbs Guest

In addition to limiting the classes to chose from, limiting the number of each class could be helpful.

I'm sure people are going to dread this, as they do in every class based game where you can't be the class they want to. But I'm thinking for different applications of this.
    Like I survival mode where you are trying to hold out for as long as possible, you might want to limit the number of knights and increase the number of builders.

10. Furai

I've never played minecraft and I didn't even know that diamond blocks cubes were there. Later I'll think of some behaviour and specification of this block and write it down.