1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Disconnections

Discussion in 'General Help' started by Sir_Veillance, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Sir_Veillance

Sir_Veillance Builder Stabber

I have noticed that fairly often with the latest builds I have been having seriously trouble sustaining connection within servers. First off, I have noticed the new server list shows almost everything with a bad ping indicator (The Bars Next to the Server) even if this is not the case. This is something I have never had trouble with in the past as I got good connection with most servers. Secondly, It seems that quite often I get disconnected during games with lots of servers now, even servers that I used to get wonderful connection to, so I don't think it's a problem with my internet since nothing has changed. Anyways, it's terrible to be playing on a server for like 15 minutes, and then randomly get disconnected in the middle of the action and then be incapable of rejoining due to the temporary kick-bans. Has anyone else been having these problems? Or is something being done about them? I just want answers.

2. FliesLikeABrick

FliesLikeABrick THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

When was the last time your router for your internet connection was restarted?

3. Sir_Veillance

It has probably been a while... I suppose I could try that!

4. FliesLikeABrick

Please do - this sounds like a router or similar network issue, not a game issue.

You may also want to check the site of the manufacturer of your router and see if any newer firmware is available for it

5. Drok

Drok Shark Slayer

I had spent some time without playing, and now that I joined again I am experiencing this problem.
    I get (even) worse pings than before in the server list, and I get disconnected annoyingly often. However, I believe it is not a network issue because I have no problem staying online in other online games.

6. FliesLikeABrick

Drop, are other games working ok?

7. Sir_Veillance

I actually completely reset my router instead of just rebooting it, I'll see if it helps, thanks in advance!

8. FliesLikeABrick

So, what's the verdict? :)

9. Sir_Veillance

The verdict is that I still seem to be getting worse pings and disconnections, and it has only been happening since these later builds... I doubt it has something to do with me because it just happened suddenly in one of the latest builds whereas it had worked very well before, and my internet speeds seem completely normal with everything else...

Edit : So I'm going to re-download the game and re-install in case maybe something was weird with that? I still doubt that it will do much though...

10. FliesLikeABrick

Do you have any other computers in your house that you can test on? If so, that will provide a wealth of troubleshooting information.

Also, are you on a laptop or otherwise playing over a wireless network?

11. Sir_Veillance

Well, very interestingly so, I opened up KAG a few minutes ago, it did a small update or whatever it was, (bug fixes?) and I opened up the server menu and everything is back to normal, ping, connection, maybe something actually was going slow with my service provider? I guess I just hadn't really noticed it with much else. Thanks for all the help though! Glad I can get back to playing one of the greatest games out there :)

Kagesha likes this.
  12. PenultimatePanda

PenultimatePanda Shipwright

Well this may no longer be any issue for Sir_Veillance but it is for me. I wouldn't say I'm being disconnected supher often but my in game ping is significantly higher than it used to be (but still quite playable usually). Also in the lobby server every server shows up has being laggy or having a bad connection with the average ping being above 600ms but when I connect to a game the ping drops to something more normal. Its not a connection problem other games work and I've had the same problem when I tried this at a friend's house.
    This is an issue on my XP machine but not Vista I'm not sure what update this started being an issue because I didn't play as much for awhile but I believe this became a problem when the new water update came out.

13. FliesLikeABrick

Is your xp computer on wireless?

14. PenultimatePanda

PenultimatePanda Shipwright

Yes it has been I'll plug to see if the magic happens but if that does solve it that used to not be an issue.
    </br>--- merged: Jun 23, 2012 11:03 PM ---</br>
    Lowest ping was still 100ms which makes me sad but that definitely did solve it.
    </br>--- merged: Jun 23, 2012 11:16 PM ---</br>
    Ever since I did that test my ping has been huge on my Vista machine :( What did you do to it? :)
    I assume KAG just thinks I'm rocking a little too hard atm.

15. FliesLikeABrick

The ping in the server browser has never been very accurate, I need to come up with a fairly decent way to measure it.

The in-game pings are rounded to the nearest 33ms, so they're not super precise (but are accurate)