1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Discuss Game Journalism.

Discussion in 'Other games' started by AJ, Mar 2, 2012.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. AJ

AJ Emperor of Mankind Donator

So many people seem to like to go off-topic about game journalism.So use this thread to discuss journalists and journalism if you dont like someone say it here and why AND DEBATE ABOUT IT NOt FLAME.
    If you like someone say why and why they are good.
    I like TB because he is funny but also makes good points and accurate first impressions in my opinion.

Wonkyth likes this.
  2. Mugumaster

Mugumaster Shipwright

Since someone from the game industry said that if game magazines don't write good reviews they won't get invited to previews for new games anymore and won't get any preview versions send to their office anymore I lost all faith in game journalism.

Best example would be the game "Rage".
    All the big gaming magazines gave this game the highest ratings and only wrote about AMAZING features the game apparently has, but if you look at metacritics and read the forums the game is a steaming pile of shit and should be graded 60/100 instead of 90/100 like most gaming magazines did ...

3. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

That's why we turn to independent journalism! :D
    I often like to get my news from the developer community, rather than the consumers.

Also, because it's something to say:
    I like TB, because it's funny watching him fail. Sometimes he is amazingly bad at games! ^__^
    That said, he keeps his cool in such an awesome manner that he totally gets my respek.
    As for Yogscast, I only really enjoyed what they did with Minecraft back when they first started playing it. I think most people would agree that their roleplaying sessions were somewhat epic. :P

Mods: BlueLuigi