1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

dodge

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Vampire, Mar 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Mods: Rainbows
  1. I think archers should be able to dodge knight attacks by being able to press a key.
    example, knight slashes at the precise moment that the slash is about to hit the archer the archer then can press the designated key which is a random cycle between keys:R,E,C,V and G, the archer presses the key and is able to doge this attack based on the velocity of the archer and the velocity of the knight. If the knights v is higher than the archers v then the archer has a lower probability to dodge and vice versa. The archer can only use dodge once unless it is done successfully. There is a 10 second interval between each failed doge attempt for every separate knight the archer faces this is to eliminate it from the designated keys from being spammed (Although the random cycle kinda eliminates this). This 10 second timer goes down to 3 seconds if dodge is preformed successfully else it is back to down 10 seconds. Every time the archer achieves a successful dodge with the same knight then the next consecutive dodge will have a lower probability of being successful.

If there are 2 or more knights present and each of them slash at about the same time, the rule from before applies to this situation as well. But if they slash at different time intervals e.g. 1-3 seconds then the archer can dodge each separate player with a different dodge counter to each of these individual player. So if the archer fails to press the key in time for knight(A) then the counter resets back to 10 seconds for only knights(A) attacks. The archer can still dodge each of the other knights attacks instantly unless he misses them

This system can also apply to knights and builders. with slight tweaks though.
    Overall I think that this raises the skill ceiling for the game and adds a bit of spice to 1v1s.

EXAMPLE: Knight(A) slashes archer. A random key(E R C V or G) flashes somewhere on the archers screen for half a second. Archer presses said key in time. Archers velocity was just higher than the knights velocity. Dodge was partially successful. This resulted in the archer avoiding the knights attack but still took half a heart of damage.

Please leave feedback and stuff

2. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

I think it's cool, but some people may not want things like that on their server - i think it would be better if they could disable dodging. Default = enabled ofc.

3. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

Overcomplicated and fucking pointless.

No QTE in kag please.

I'm sorry but even Duplolas would call this a bad suggestion lol.

4. Not really pointless it raises the skill ceiling while also giving archers a buff that doesnt come free. And don't fucking leave a stupid comment that doesn't even contribute to anything other than I don't like this hurr hurr. If it is pointless then please explain why it is so.

5. @Yagger
    WHY SHOULD WE NOT HAVE IT!????
    IT DOESN'T COMPLICATE ANYTHING. YOU DON'T HAVE TO USE IT IF YOU DON'T WANT TO, JUST PLAY KAG AS NORMAL.

6. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

It horribly complicates everything, i don't think you even understand what you're suggesting, @Vampire.

Quick time events do not work in multiplayer games, let alone 2d ones.

7. lets just try it cmon as a mod first?

8. Apronymous

Apronymous Bison Rider

There's a separate sub-forum just for this.
    Almost every suggestion makes this argument at some point, but all that says is that the OP would be better off elsewhere.
    Frankly, I'm surprised *this* sub-forum is even a thing.

Guitarman likes this.
  9. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Mods: Rainbows
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.