1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Rejected "DownInAHole" by Didgedy

Discussion in 'CTF' started by Ni, Oct 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ni

Ni Battle Angel Global Moderator Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Donator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. Active Forum Users

2. Ferrezinhre

Ferrezinhre Haxor Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

Cute little islands and superfluous amount of trees, ask for better resource spread and flags above tent will lead to stalemate. Low sky and mid ground will lead to rat haven, what else it will be really hard to capture flags. I will say no.

3. mehwaffle10

mehwaffle10 Haxor Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

I actually like the idea of this map, but there are definitely some issues.I agree that mid will become a rat fest, and the bedrock placement wouldn't be ideal if the map deteriorates. This can be fixed with better/raised bedrock in each case though. In regards to the flags, yes they are close to spawn but you have to take into account the power of being above the enemy's tower if you take mid. Kegs and catas are so much more effective and are much easier to pull off when above the target. My main concern would be a player pipe that leads straight up to flag, which could be solved by adding more bedrock on either side of flag. Theres also the issue of potentially getting locked in spawn, although thats less likely on this map than the other one. They seem to use trees as a decoration rather than a resource, which is problematic. Theres too much gold and arguably too much stone. I think it could work with some changes, namely fix bedrock and resource distribution (gold, stone, trees).

4. Magmus

Magmus Ballista Bolt Thrower Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

Too much trees and stone, maybe too much gold.
    Big rat heaven on mid.
    The height advantage for the team that captures mid will probably end the match in no time with siege and kegs, so it will be hard to the other team to defend.
    I think the tent is weird below the flag, but could be just me.
    I will say no without fixes for bedrock and maybe resources.

5. Ni

Ni Battle Angel Global Moderator Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Donator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. Active Forum Users

Yes: 1
    No: 2

Rejected

mehwaffle10 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.