1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Drill Buff

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by dual_chiecken, Aug 19, 2014.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. First off I would like to credit @Skinney and @makmoud98
    For helping out with the idea

So since drills can do fire damage and they are now builder only I think they should be able to set fire to wooden blocks

They can also be a reliable weapon for a small amount of defense

2. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Not a bad idea by any means! This could be a nice buff that would be great for builders! :builder:

3. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I don't hate the idea, but fire is supposed to be archer niche. Just make drills more durable to stabs and slashes so it doesn't break so easily, and I'd call that a good buff.

kodysch likes this.
  4. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

It would make sense only when they're overheating.

5. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Meh. Now drills are incredibly overpowered.
    It can get through stone perfectly already, but now when it hits wood, it'll overheat and set fire to the wood, thus making both wood and stone useless.

6. TheDirtySwine

You have a valid point, but what's preventing an archer from buying bomb and fire arrows and doing the same thing?

7. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Well, that would be 80 coins instead of 100 stone and 35 coins.
    And its not like you can easily farm 80 coins in the time it takes you to get 35 coins and 100 stone.

8. TheDirtySwine

Nice rebuttal :)

It only takes a little bit of time to place all the 30 stone and 100 wood you are given as a builder. This will grant you coins which doesn't take too long to get to 80 coins, especially if you have already been fighting! I do see your point about it being cheaper as a builder tho!

Maybe increase the cost of drills, or let them start fires and make the drill be destroyed once the fire has started?

9. Perhaps, it can spread to 1-3 block radius, does seem op also make it higher amt of coins to approximately 100 coins?

This also prevents people in the beginning in games from drilling all stone

10. rymcd

rymcd Bison Rider Staff Alumni Tester

I would love a drill buff but I don't think this is needed. The drill just got a nerf for being too effective against most blocks.
    If anything I'd like to see a buff in combat capabilities.

A few examples would be increased attack speed, the damage starting sooner, or a minor damage increase when overheating(which already happens but I think a little more damage would work well).

Last edited: Aug 23, 2014
    TheDirtySwine likes this.
  11. TheDirtySwine

I agree, this would work wonders for battle builders

12. How about if we can get drills

To not get caught on grass, do more damage, but less durability and startup to attack faster
    OR
    Sets 1-2 blocks on fire (spreads 1-2 blocks) same durability, and will deal fire damage (chance to set enemies on fire)

Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
    NinjaCell likes this.
  13. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

Not sure I want drills to be more powerful in combat, but fire damage when overheating to players (not blocks) sounds nice. Overuse it and the equipped builder will get burned too, I presume?

14. TheDirtySwine

A new way to suicide charge!

15. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

Proudly I will give my body to be the kindling that stokes the flame of victory!

Fernegulus likes this.
Mods: Rainbows