1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Duplolas For Admin

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Duplolas, Dec 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

So because I have made applications for both Forum Moderator and Tester, I will kind of just copy and paste some of the general information from each thread.

My Resume:

IRL Info:

Honors Student
    17 Years Old
    Founded Cyber Security Club for my county.
    President of Cyber Security Club for my county.
    Skills USA Officer - 2 Years
    100+ hours of community service

Online Info:

Mod/Admin/Division Leader for Xeno Gamers - 2 years
    Moderator for Drunken Bombers - 1 Year

For Xeno Gamers I was moderator for about 6 months for CS:S which was an easy enough job. After that I was promoted to Admin which I took on more responsibility. Some problems arose due to troubles with other members. It was a community that had many servers across multiple games. After a awhile of admining, I took on the responsibility of overseeing an entire division. A small one for the game WarZ which got a lot of grief for it copying of DayZ as well as a lot of financial trouble from the Devs. At the time I was I think 14 and in no way was capable of handing all of the stress on top of school. So, I asked the leader if there was a member of the forums that was a constant troll, but couldn't be punished due to their rules, that he wanted banned. I banned him and left the community.

Learning from my mistakes, I joined the Drunken Bombers community where I became a loyal member of their community. I eventually made my way up to rank of moderator after becoming the "seed team manager" basically a person who is in charge of getting every single server populated as early in the morning as possible so that the server rank goes up. My friend and I would get up at 7 A.M. in the mornings in the Summer, changing our schedule to help build the community. We got our TF2 servers up into the top 20 over that Summer. But when promotions came along, my friend and I were promised admin, only to not receive it when the time came. Friends of the head admins were promoted after the head admins put in some good words. They were promoted with very little work done in the community, they hadn't put in as many hours, or dedication. So we left.

To give you an idea of how much work we put into the community the link below shows the current ranks of their servers after we left. At one point one of the servers was I think the 4th highest ranked of all tf2 servers. This is what they are now.

http://www.gametracker.com/search/?query=drunkenbombers

Here are some references from the head admins of a community that broke off of Drunken Bombers. Banned those who stayed loyal to Drunken Bombers, but unbanned me out of respect from all of the hard work I had done to support Drunken Bombers.

Here is one reference: http://steamcommunity.com/id/rannmann/ He is one of the mechanics for the firepowered community.

Heres another: http://steamcommunity.com/id/bigj24 He is one of the community managers for the firepowered community.

And the last: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198031239009 He is the leader of the firepowered community.

I know the work I have done with each community has already been looked into. Hopefully the progression from Xeno to Bombers to now shows how much I have changed over time for the better.

KAG Background:

Been playing KAG for about 2 years now. I played classic with my friends during school every other day for about a year and a half. Bought beta a few months ago and now I play both.

On a day by day basis I can play anywhere from 3-6 hours. More on weekends.

As for why I think I should be admin.

I play a lot. I try my best to help the community. I have tons of admining experience. I am, in my own opinion, on the mature side. All of the problems that were in the past have allowed me to learn from my mistakes and become to person I am today.

As for references from the KAG community... There was one on my Forum Mod app and one on my Tester app.

I assume there are others, but I have yet to specifically talk to them about being a reference.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
    Vampire and hierbo like this.
  2. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

Not much input from the community. I'm sorry but no.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.