1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Rejected "Echo_Gate_One" by Ferrezinhre

Discussion in 'CTF' started by Ferrezinhre, Sep 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ferrezinhre

Ferrezinhre Haxor Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

2. Magmus

Magmus Ballista Bolt Thrower Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

This one looks like a super rat party, with the background walls its pretty easy to block sections of the underground map, I think it would be abused and just a rat fight till the end.
    Aside from that, I like the overall structure of the map. Maybe trimming some background walls would help a bit.

3. mehwaffle10

mehwaffle10 Haxor Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

I agree, it's a giant rat party. It looks nice, but is basically a more linear and less trap based luthadel. The aesthetics are well done, albeit a bit busy. I think the biggest issue is the backwall, although I'd have to see what it looks like in game. It definitely is just a rat fight, the void pits might as well not exist aside from the initial rush with how easy it is to just put blocks on the backwall. Another big issue with the pits like that is the strength of a tunnel towards the bottom. Bedrock on either side and a ton of dirt backwall above makes for a neigh impossible to dislodge tunnel. The map is nice and open at the beginning, but the game will quickly stagnate as soon as the initial door spam is done, to a point where it's probably not feasible to dislodge a team from mid once they lock it down. The dirt pillar in front of flag dissuades the non rat attack paths even more because of the strength of a tower there. I give it an eh/10. It *probably* would work in pubs and they'd want to play it, but I don't fancy playing on it more than once

4. Ferrezinhre

Ferrezinhre Haxor Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

okay probably will be rejected.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 11, 2020, Original Post Date: Sep 6, 2020 ---
    Rejected.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.