1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

emotes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Overlord, Jun 11, 2011.

1. Overlord

Overlord KAG Guard Tester

All of those faces are fun and everything but their not really useful maybe add a few command emotes so teams can fucntion together a bit more properly. Some ideas would be a Move command or a Halt command and maybe that picture of the fortress with a hammer on it meaning build/fortify base and another fortress with a sword on it meaning attack the fortress. What do you guys think??

2. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

We're looking to provide more context sensitive emoticons in the near future, so that knights will have different bubbles to archers because they're more likely to need different things. We used to have all commands, and now it's mostly emotion - I'd like to have two "pages" of them so one can be only expression, one only commands depending on what you want to send.

It's a lot more convenient to hit 2 than type a smiley into the chat box though, and I see people using them in-game a lot, so the faces aren't likely to be removed entirely.

3. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Also could we have it so that when we hit the button the speech bubble stays a bit without us having to hold it down? It's a little awkward having to hold down the button so long.

4. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Yep, I'm thinking they'll stay for ~3 seconds after you hit it.

5. nginferno

nginferno Guest

make it an interface like radio commands in fps games. It works much better that way.

6. darDar

darDar KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester

i think emotes is a great way to make simple communication.
    Improve and add/del some of the existing emotes and maybe add some of the ideas in the replies.

removing the emotes entirely shouldn´t be thinked of

7. Overlord

Yeah I was thinking of something like that one for just social interaction in game with emotions and whatnot and another for battle commands. Maybe have the "~" key to switch between the two of them so you don't have to do any menu changes incase your in the middle of a fight.

8. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

I'd rather have tilde for bringing up console. I don't like the way it is now. I have to take hand off mouse to press home button.

9. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

Yeah and not to mention for English typists the tilde button is one you have to press shift for! Mind you, something like this would be able to be changed in the options menu. Right?

10. Overlord

Its the one most comfortably near the 1-0 button's which are the emotes so it would be good, and you wouldn't have to hold shift for it because it would work for ~`key.

11. Furai

I meant that button in general - without having pressing shift to actually type tilde. Anyway back on topic - in some other thread I suggested this:

I think it would be cool to have it like that. What do you think of it?

12. Overlord

I dunno this is a fast paced game which would probably mess you up useing cursor to select it, as with "1-0" you can instantly send it. With commands being added soon you would need to give orders fast if you want a signal sent for quick reactions or if your fighting you wouldn't be able to fight as well because you'd have to aim at the emote.

13. Furai

Have you seen how it's done in L4D2? I was thinking of something similar. CLICK!

14. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

The ~ on my keyboard is at the top of one key, under #, so it would require shift click. Unless you make # the emote button.

15. Kelaisnow

Kelaisnow Guest

Is there a way to use the number pad for emoticons? I play lefty sometimes and would find it a lot easier to use the number pad :p Probably just because I'm not really a PC gamer, but I have a hard time hitting the proper upper numerical keys sometimes