1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

End Game Bonuses

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by BigBaller, Feb 2, 2014.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. BigBaller

BigBaller Catapult Fodder

Everytime I play this game it's super even back and forth right. "man this game is close this is awesome".
    I love that but then 10 mins go by... 20 mins go by... the game could continue for and hour more. I love playing this game but at a certain point there needs to be a (damage bonus) or (speed bonus). maybe even implement a (team challenge) so they get these bonuses. These games can last so long that people usually just quit. I just want something to help push out the game something to crush the enemy. I think it would make the game more enjoyable.

2. BanakaI1

BanakaI1 Shipwright

In my opinion there is already far too many siege weapons that are easily available. these should be used to stop stalemates. I don't see what a damage bonus or speed bonus would be used to stop a stalemate anyway.

3. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

Yeah, buildings go down a lot easier than you might think. A single well-placed catapult can end a match - trust me, I know.

Auburn likes this.
  4. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

Solution:

Establish a team of mercenaries for hire to come into the game and help which ever side pays more. There can be players who build equipment to help their team succeed. There can be players who act as a tank and push onward. And there can be players who shoot from a far, supporting their team.

Why does this sound so familiar. Hmm...

[​IMG]

You do bring up a good point though. I don't think giving both teams a buff would help speed the game along, mainly since both teams would now have the same buff. But something still should be implemented to speed up the longer games.

5. Humblar_Tabulu

Humblar_Tabulu TURTLE Turtle turtle... Donator

After a certain period of time, Half naked models of princess Geti will appear and start roaming the field. When the player sees the Half-naked Princess Geti roaming the field:eek:, they will be left dazzled and in awe by the beauty and sheer nakedness::P:. When they encounter a player, they will try to grapple and make-out with him/her, immobilizing them for a time.

You can also buy the scroll of Geti that spawns a handful of these beauties.

I strongly feel this should be implemented, as this may be enough of a distraction to turn the tides of war.

Thoughts? Opinions?

bout, Nabuco, Sir_Walter and 3 others like this.
  6. epenow

epenow Oppressed banana cookie
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

Recourses for buildings run out, coins for kegs don't........

Also stalemates are fun.

Guitarman and PandemicCommander like this.
  7. PandemicCommander

PandemicCommander Shipwright

I will never understand why people hate stalemates, it means you have a well balanced game where any good move could tip the balance. The map of a stalemate may end up blasted into nothingness after a while but otherwise its not too different. The main factor in a stalemate is 2 teams that know how to defend and rebuild, I don't see how that's so bad. Having played way too many games where one side has no good builders and an archer can nab the flags after a few walls go down, I MUCH prefer stalemates.

Saigon likes this.
  8. BigBaller

BigBaller Catapult Fodder

It's good to see where some people stand on this subject. I would like to see some sort of other objective in the game type capture the flag; but I do love the simplicity of the game, I wouldn't want to change that.

9. madcat768

madcat768 Catapult Fodder

I do not like the idea of damage and speed bonus, as you can already one shot people anyway... Why not add something like an in game event, wether it be drastic weather changes(fog, thunderstorms or maybe tsunamis) As for player triggered events; maybe some stupid builder could accidentally find a lost, hidden chamber under ground and awake some beast or unknown force. Or the finding of some artifact. They would have to be random. I also think they should rarely happen, if they happened all the time I dont think it would be fun. I would say 1/8 chance and only after a game has lasted a long amount of time.

Then again I also like the simplicity of the game as it is. Maybe they could add it into a new game mode.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
  10. epenow

Two armies locked in an eternal stalemate, only one force can help th rm now, AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOMENAUTSSSS, AWESOME AWES- no? no body else here plays awesomenauts? no? ok...

11. ccnc

ccnc Catapult Fodder

Time for a Sudden death
    [​IMG]

ElIndio and zerd like this.
  12. Atheraal

Atheraal Base Burner

Haha nice ccnc, that was the first thing I thought of when I read the OP.

But since water rising wouldn't be much more than annoying, Maybe a different aspect of Worms could be helpful in ending stalemates. Siege weapons were already mentioned as being good at moving things along, maybe after a certain amount of time has passed, it could start dropping some in from the sky in crates. It could even just drop one right in the middle, so that the teams would have to fight for it.

13. ccnc

ccnc Catapult Fodder

The outcome will be, maybe (just maybe)
    geti will fall from the sky accidentally hit this thread and bring the message to his disciples
    "I'dont give a fuc..." "there is no reason to change endgame-gameplay"

That d be pretty much what I think too. You might notice those endgame problems depend on the maps. There are maps with little room until ressources run out and evertyhing is flat moss-stone. If you play CTF you still have a chance (with a good) team to spawn ressources. BUT at this point it gets weird cause,
    at this point of the game stuff gets disproportionated (defending easier & attacking harder).
    • Builders rarely use their left ressources for offensive building
    • tunneling gets impossible (mossstone)
    • no Siege shops rebuilding(missing gold)
    • ressourcen spawning rarely used by most players
    • mossstone absorbs keg damage (least people know to exploit this)
    • reduces archer's maneuvering

14. bout

bout Shark Slayer

I vote for sudden death. BOULDER RAIN, ANYONE?

15. epenow

Why would anyone want to end the classic kag stalemates?

Apronymous and Guitarman like this.
  16. BanakaI1

BanakaI1 Shipwright

After ~30 minutes, there should be some kind of sudden death mode.

Especially since at 45 minutes or so in you get memory leak problems. (sound desync, catapult lag, etc.)

I was thinking it could be acting like 0 tickets in classic but that might encourage stalemates.

17. epenow

no

18. BanakaI1

BanakaI1 Shipwright

no to there being a sudden death or no to the 0 tickets

19. Atheraal

Atheraal Base Burner

Both sound kinda bad. And fyi, you can fix a lot of the issues that crop up over a long match by rejoining the game. Doesn't help if the server's full, though haha

Mods: Rainbows