1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

error: could not load config file?

Discussion in 'General Help' started by antimattergizmo, Nov 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. antimattergizmo

antimattergizmo Shipwright

When I attempted to load the game up, the command prompt almost emediately came to an end saying the the autoconfig.gm in scripts failed to load. I went back to the main website to redownload, but it still gave that error. I have had no other known trouble with KAG, and it has been running normally on my PC for a few weeks. It's impossible that this is a problem globally so it must be something client side. Thank you for the potential help you decide to spare me :D
    edit: also note that it says the file is missing though I did use a fresh download

fix described below

2. Kagesha

Kagesha KAG Guard Tester

could you please inform us on how you fixed the issue? no matter how simple it was it could help others who have the same problem.

sj67 likes this.
  3. antimattergizmo

antimattergizmo Shipwright

I deleted/uninstalled KAG folder and the kag setup folder, redownloaded off the main site, and setup the game as normal.

Kagesha and sj67 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.