1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Windows Error in file/ Question [solved]

Discussion in 'General Help' started by dragudo_fire, Sep 12, 2013.

1. dragudo_fire

dragudo_fire Catapult Fodder

Basicly i went to play the game and it had to update, so i let then afterwordswhen i tried to pay i kept getting a error mesage, this is what it says

Engine (build: 867 version: 0.95A)
    Creating video device...

Downloading checksums from http://update.kag2d.com/0/win32-client-release/App/version.txt

Version file the same (key matches)

Loading library...
    Using file 'Base/Juxta.dll'
    Library loaded...
    APP GameDLLInit

Game DLL initialized.
    Changing game working directory to 'C:/Users/Davey/KAG/Base/'
    Could not load autoconfig file Scripts/autoconfig.gm
    STARTUP FAILED: Could not load autoconfig file Scripts/autoconfig.gm (error in file, missing ';' ?)

I tried redownloading it, and repairing it and still does same thing, also theres a batch file called minecraftterrortest in the logs, any idea what that is about?

2. Gurin

Gurin Stop That! Global Moderator Donator Tester

When you use this in your tag ";" or "`" it basically kills KAG.

You need to
    1. Delete everything you have of KAG
    2. Re-download.

Or
    read the FAQ

- My game says it can't load autoconfig.gm
    Make sure you're not using a clantag with a `(backtick) or a ; (semicolon) in it. Those currently break KAG. Either redownload kag or replace your total autoconfig.gm with a file with just one ; in it. This will reset all settings to default.
    Open autoconfig.gm (located in "<KAG Directory>\Base\Scripts") with a text editor, delete all lines, add ; and then save.

And ~~

https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/my-game-doesnt-start.13735/
    Look around a bit for a solution, before posting :)

3. dragudo_fire

dragudo_fire Catapult Fodder

I tried to go to the faq at the time of posting, but the page wouldnt load for me, on any browser for some reason, also i never knew that you could have clan tags, i always thought that they were part of there names *facepalm* thanks for the info though, i did delete the game entierely before redownloadin and had same prob, but your second solution worked, thanks man!