1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Example Mod Progress + Gifs!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DevBlogger, Mar 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DevBlogger

DevBlogger KAG DevBlog Feed Bot

Hey guys, progress update on the still unnamed big example mod!

Figured seeing stuff in action would be most interesting for you guys, so here are some gifs:

[​IMG]
    Building - demonstrating the “tetris” aspect
    (sorry for the janky gif recording)

The ratios of each type of tile are currently just for testing; there should be far fewer seats in the mix in the final game. Tweaking the ratio of each part is trivial, and might be moved to a config file for easy server-side configuration (for servers with 50% bomb blocks in the mix, for example).

[​IMG]
    Out of control ship

This little “fighter” ship’s pilot was accidentally munched into one of the propellers, but it stayed active, forming a collision hazard for anyone nearby!

[​IMG]
    Tiny test torpedo

We don’t have the bombs working just yet but with propellers and building working they’re up next, along with cannons! Ship destruction effects are currently super rudimentary but they’ll get some love in the next few days. The “pilot” here probably should have been killed in the collision.

Still to-do graphically is some way of orienting yourself properly with the world as it’s currently very difficult to understand what direction you’re moving in without a point of reference.

We’ve also got to bind a few things in the engine (like the background colour of the world) and potentially fix the parallax layers to work with rotation (though that might take too much time for this cycle, as the issue is due to the way the whole thing is coded, not a one-line bug).

As you can see progress is coming along fairly quickly, and we’re hoping to be able to have a game with the testers on friday after nutting out what needs to be done sync-wise.

Have Fun!

Max/Geti

Original DevBlog post.

2. Nivlac_13

Nivlac_13 Shopkeep Stealer

Testers? Pick me!
    Either way looks great, should be a pretty fun game!

Iamaclay likes this.
  3. 101i

101i Haxor Forum Moderator Tester

This looks great, I am really excited for it!

4. Solaris

Solaris Batlord Sliftensnurgh Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

Looks awesome, nice work!

5. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

[​IMG]
    MM tweaked the propeller speed "a bit"

6. This looks awesome!

7. Inferdy

Inferdy Arsonist

I am schoolest, illiteratest, evil, ragequitest pretty good critic, which joined the game with "Gold Hunt" ;-; and was professional in alpha, and now I am the best warrior in Beta >:{
    P.S I wanna be a tester ;p
    Reason: Holidays >:}
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 20, 2014, Original Post Date: Mar 20, 2014 ---
    And some questions:
    1) Able to make more than 2 teams?
    2) Able to make more than 1 ship per team?
    And also... Good physics, guys

Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
    FuzzyBlueBaron and BlueLuigi like this.
  8. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Holy shit... this looks epic... o -o
    I wanna be one of the awesome pants testers who get to try this epicness out, I mean seriously.. look at that.. so pretty :D

Also, as it kinda seems.. your ship is different every game, yea? Since it sorta seems that each tetris bit is different from the last with different bits in each square... kinda seems that way too me. :o

EDIT: Just noticed that's what you said in that last thread... son of a bitch xD

Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
  9. UltraMarine_Val

UltraMarine_Val Bison Rider
    1. FUN Servers

I want to be tester, i adrealy tested the BETA at the start phase and i am ready to report any bugs

10. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

Can you steal other people's ships?

Inferdy likes this.
  11. Sir_Walter

Sir_Walter Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

First of all, this looks great. It reminds me of the Nitrome game Steamlands. Are you going to be able to scavenge parts from destroyed ships? I think that would be an interesting feature. Second, all you people clamoring to be testers, Geti and MM already have a team of talented official testers, so if you want to become one apply there at a later date (as they are currently not recruiting). They will not just pick you because you took 5 seconds to post "pik me 4 tester plox"

Iamaclay likes this.
  12. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Oh we know of this. Won't hurt to try, yea? Just a small 5 second posting of "pls make meh testur" doesn't hurt anyone... except the eyes of the ones who get sick and tired of it. xD

You can actually, It was mentioned on the last posting. However, I think you can
    -Here's the actual post from the DevBlogger-

13. toffie0

toffie0 is sweeter than you <3 Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Looks great, only problem I see with it is if you want to do something to it just as it sets off it might be a tad hard.

Also maybe add some rope? That attaches to the machine and that you can hold onto, and also pin it down to the ground.

14. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

There is no ground, only ocean. Lots and lots of ocean... unless the devs suddenly decide to add in some islands here and there. :o

15. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

So this is Captain Forever in KAG?

Alpaca and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  16. toffie0

toffie0 is sweeter than you <3 Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Oh, xD that explains a lot.

Maybe hook it up to the things that you craft?

17. Peelz

Peelz Shipwright

This looks pretty sick! Make sure to keep us updated with HOW the mod is being made as well!

18. hugio88

hugio88 I am the king of KAG! Donator

I WANNA PLAY THIS!:rektlord:

19. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Captain forever meets tetris meets bomberman paints a close enough picture of it I think.

1) yes, target is 8 teams of about 3 people
    2) yes, and ships broken in half work as separate ships (and can crash into each other)

Iamaclay and Solaris like this.
  20. Inferdy

Inferdy Arsonist

And what about
    3)binding keys to use propellers
    and
    4)having 3 arrows archers?

Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.