1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG Extremely high ping on all servers

Discussion in 'Help' started by JadElClemens, Aug 5, 2014.

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey
  1. JadElClemens

JadElClemens Catapult Fodder

Hey KAG forums, it's my first time posting here.

I bought KAG on Steam yesterday and, while I really appreciate the concept of the game, I'm unable to play it. Every single server bans me after the standard interval for having extremely high ping. I'm not sure what's causing this, though. In other games (read: TF2) my ping stays between 20-60ms and only gets very high (200-900 if I'm unlucky) late at night.

My ping should be fine right now, but KAG's telling me in the server browser that the server isn't responding (for the ping statistic), and within games it tells me that my ping is consistently up in the thousands of milliseconds (It rapidly fluctuates from ~700 to ~1700).

I'm not running any antivirus, and I tried disabling my firewall (which only blocks incoming connections anyhow), no dice.

If it's relevant, I'm running the latest Steam version (Build 1180, version 0.97) on Arch Linux 64-bit.

Thanks guys.

2. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof Agkubuk|'Kaizokuroof' Cilobakil, Roofpointy Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Hiya JadElClemens,

Welcome to the KAG forums, it's sad that your first post is in the help section but we'll try and work through your issue and get you up and running!

Couple questions:

- Are you running any torrent applications? or any updates in the background that might be affecting your ping?
    - What country do you hail from? Are you connecting to a server that is local to your area?
    - Can you try running the game without steam (SteamApps/Common/King Arthurs Gold/) and running the launch script/executable and see if your ping issues persist?
    - What type of connection are you using? Wireless or Wired?

Thanks =) and once again, welcome to the forums!!!

P.S.

If you want real time help. try connecting to #kag on Quakenet (IRC) many of the guys on there are friendly and tech savvy

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
Mods: makmoud98, Mazey