1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[Ezxotic] [A New Game [Online] Indevelopment version 0.6]

Discussion in 'Other games' started by Rockyz, Jun 25, 2011.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Rockyz

Rockyz Guest

What's with the brackets xD? Idk

Hi, This Is a picture of what the game will look like when in alpha
    It may look different

[​IMG]

2. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

I've had enough already. Please...I beg you...ban this dude.

3. Rockyz

Rockyz Guest

Reason?

4. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

How come I always click on topics with his name... Even though I know I won't like what I see?

5. Rockyz

Rockyz Guest

Contrary do u have to be so Negative?

6. Hal

Hal Guest

Did You Ask The Devs If You Could Copy KAG? :P

7. Turska

Turska Guest

I Hope It Gets More Developed So I Can Stop Playing KAG and Play That Not-A-Ripoff-Game Of Yours. :)

8. Rockyz

Rockyz Guest

9. FinDude

FinDude KAG Guard Tester

Since when did you need a reason to ban people?

synthesispandabot likes this.
  10. Lizardheim

Lizardheim Guest

You know rocky, if you're going to make a game you're going to actually have to make a game.

11. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

It'd be great if everyone with nothing nice to say didn't spread hate around. Consider this an informal warning to anyone feeling cocky - you might understand the internet a little more than this kid but that doesn't give you the right to be an asshole.

Rockyz, it seems you need a bit of a hand with this whole thing.
    Pixelation is a community for pixel artists. If you want to learn how to make pixel art (and if you're interested in making games in the style that I think you're interested in, then you need to) you'd be on your best footing starting there, however I urge you to READ every sticky thread, all of the feature chests and a much of the rest of the forum as you can bare before you start posting. If you spam there as much as you do here you can expect to be banned.

TIGSource is a community for independent game developers (including budding ones) as well as players. Go and read some of the technical articles and get thinking about the inner workings of games. Again, if you post as frequently and as contentlessly there as you do here you'll likely get told off, so read the forums and try to understand how the community functions before jumping in.

FlashPunk is a simple game creation framework for flash. I don't use it but I'm suggesting that you should because it's a good, simpler introduction to programming. From what I've seen I don't believe you're a competent or experienced programmer, but the tutorials should walk you through the basics and you'll be on your way.

Now, a warning for you:
    Don't keep posting these things here - These ideas aren't ready to be presented and you aren't adept enough at what you're trying to do yet. Spend some time learning, at least a month or so, and then re-evaluate your position. If you feel you've got something worthy of showing the world, then set up a devlog thread to keep a track of your development for feedback.
    Until you have some content to present (a playable build or screenshot at the very least) I'd suggest holding your hypothetical tongue. Make something, then create a thread entitled "Rockyz Devlog" or similar and post it. Post all your following ideas there rather than scattering them over the board.

I'm closing this thread and the other one to prevent the inevitable flame - I wish you good luck getting on the road to making games.

~Max

12. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

website wont load, is it free to play?

13. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

I'm sure there was another thread with all the necessary info.

Mods: BlueLuigi