1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Factorio - a game about building and automating stuff

Discussion in 'Other games' started by dnmr, Jan 4, 2015.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. dnmr

dnmr Ministry of ban Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I've been thinking about posting about this game for a while, but waited since it's still in alpha. Our most recent gaming session was 22h long though, so I'm pretty sure it's a good game and is worth checking out in its current state.

Free demo: https://www.factorio.com/demo/stable

Current full experimental build (0.11.8) has multiplayer, but not sure if the demo does. Multiplayer is still under quite heavy development and is somewhat dodgy over internet, with moderate lag depending on connection and some disconnects/crashes on certain events like a player's death. It's still a ton of fun though. LAN multiplayer is near flawless and is a blast.

Suffices to say this game is already more polished and enjoyable than some "finished" titles. I accidentally 14h in a row after deciding to build a railway network.
    I've seen some people compare this to minecraft's tekkit mod, but I never played that thing myself so can't say. But keep this in mind if you liked that one I guess.

Game's fifteen bucks (12.5€) right now, more if you want bonus "campaign" missions and/or other supporter tier swag.

2. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Holy hell, it has multiplayer now?

Also, I guess the only similarity between Tekkit and this is kinda automation, but not much else.

3. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

Seems awesome, I'd prefer a game like this in a more minecrafty style though.

4. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Wow this is looking fun, definitely going to have to check this out on release.

Mods: BlueLuigi