1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Fair Vote Kicks

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by joshua12131415, Mar 8, 2016.

Tags:
?

Have you ever been vote kicked, but you didn't do anything bad?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Mods: Rainbows
  1. joshua12131415

joshua12131415 Bison Rider Tester

Vote kicks are unfair, when ever someone wants to kick someone, people just vote yes even if they don't know what's happening.
    Vote kicking can easily be abused, I've even been kicked on Aus TDM because i was an archer and epsilon hates archers in TDM. The reason for kicking me was spam, but i didn't even say anything in the chat.

I think kag needs to have more detailed vote box.
    • The voter should be able to write a custom reason to vote kick the person.
    • The person that is being kicked should be able to defend themselves, by writing what they did and why.
    Both, the reason to kick, and the defence should be shown in the vote box.
    • After players have read both, then they can decide which side to believe. ( Maybe there can be a 10 second timer before they are allowed to vote or something )

Last edited: Jun 20, 2020
  2. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

You destroyed peoples catapults then got kicked I struggle to see the problem here.

norill and bru-jaz like this.
  3. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

why did you tried to get yourself inside the cata by pressing E, anyway? :huh?:

4. Psiklaw

Psiklaw Bison Rider

On one hand kicks last only 10 minutes in any case, honestly I think it's worth the fact that some times votes can be unfair considering the quickness with which they take effect.
    On the other hand I think being able to write the reason can be a good idea, but I KNOW some players will still abuse this writing stupid stuff as a reason. And I'm sure they would vote ONLY because of this possibility (and reason; that is, to abuse).

5. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

I dont get it. Are you saying abusive players will randomly vote some player only to being able to write "Hi mom" in the box?

6. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

When I first started playing KAG, I didn't know what I was doing and got vote kicked all the time. Its hard to get around, but every time you get vote kicked you will learn a lesson. This time: you learned how to get into a catapult

bru-jaz likes this.
  7. Psiklaw

Psiklaw Bison Rider

Yeah that's exactly what I mean. Luckily there's not a whole majority of abusers but if you know people like Maltager they votekick themselves sometimes or just start votes to change map every time a match starts... So I assume if they could write some stupid shit for the vote this would encourage them to keep on the abuse.

8. Hospitalizer

Hospitalizer Shopkeep Stealer

I asked this guy multiple times 2 stop removing my wheels he didnt listen cost me 280+ coin and time it take to grind it i think its unfair that every random that happens by removes my wheels :>:(:

9. BarsukEughen555

BarsukEughen555 Ballista Bolt Thrower

'r' u just rlly dat bad in KAG or what
    riding cata = one of strongest offensive ways 2 kill
    you get in cata ONLY by pressing S near it
    the coins disappear beetween deaths, and that's why Hospitalizer had 2 farm more then 240 coins
    He would've bought ballistats too, which are 150 coins each, and ammo which is 30 coins each
    plz dont blame ppl when you ruin their tactics 2-3 times in row.

10. BarsukEughen555

BarsukEughen555 Ballista Bolt Thrower

1st) I got 1600 hours in Beta, and never seen you at least 1 time. Questionable.
    2nd) You can OVERRIDE people with cata, and a lot of people do not appreciate that ability. That's a tactic - to go with wheels, and if you played BEFORE update where you would took wheels off, you would've seen how much havoc were cata's on flat map.
    3rd) Same as 1st
    4th)I wasn't in match, 'kay? I just told that he would've bought ballistas too. + the coins are couted not to REPAIR smth, but to measure stuff at all (like destroying cata is not 80 coins, but 160 bcuz u have to buy new one)
    5th) *I only took wheels* Keeping wheels was the tactic, m8. And you nor anyone else have approvment that it was once/repeating, this is becoming shitgame of words, eh

11. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

ive voted people who removed the wheels of my catas whitout my permission in the past. But you are taking this for too long.
    For me, it seems it was a cheap reason to kick (also because i know how bitch Hospitalizer is with his shit, as i am with mine) so im not amazed if he made things up to kick you.
    Though it could be fixed saying "idiot, buy me another cata or i will vote you".But this kind of things happens in kag very often, so 1) you can forget this and continue with your life , or 2) wait until you see him and try to votekick him to be even.
    Although i like the vengance when this happens to me, i would recommend you to do the 1st as rage with other players wouldnt help you in the future.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 14, 2016, Original Post Date: Mar 14, 2016 ---
    Also, the poll doesnt make your post more valid. "Have you ever been false votekicked" is like posting a poll asking "Have Kag ever crashed on your computer?" while trying to argue the game is unstable, in example. Obviously there would be more people voting for yes

BarsukEughen555 likes this.
  12. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

Well I guess to avoid those stupid vote-kicks like these in the future, you could re-build wheels for the catapults/ballistas for some wood and stone. I think there already was a thread about this.

Also while I agree there should be an option to write a custom vote reason, it might be not that useful. Especially if the reason "Annoying" is added.

bru-jaz likes this.
  13. Hospitalizer

You weren't the only guy removing wheels that game but it sure stopped after u where gone and I got to enjoy my catapult that I payed for with out interference this is something I have to deal with every time I use siege I might be a little 2 quick to vote kick but like mak said that's also how I learned to keep my hands off other people's stuff

14. joshua12131415

joshua12131415 Bison Rider Tester

1st) I got 1600 hours in Beta, and never seen you at least 1 time. Questionable.
    I don't use steam so i don't know how many hours iv played, but i have played since classic. I have never seen you, questionable....
    2nd) You can OVERRIDE people with cata, and a lot of people do not appreciate that ability. That's a tactic - to go with wheels, and if you played BEFORE update where you would took wheels off, you would've seen how much havoc were cata's on flat map.
    That's true, but you can't do that while the cata is ontop of a building.
    4th)I wasn't in match, 'kay? I just told that he would've bought ballistas too. + the coins are couted not to REPAIR smth, but to measure stuff at all (like destroying cata is not 80 coins, but 160 bcuz u have to buy new one)
    It's still not 280+
    5th) *I only took wheels* Keeping wheels was the tactic, m8. And you nor anyone else have approvment that it was once/repeating, this is becoming shitgame of words, eh
    A tactic to what? It was on top of a building, the map wasn't flat, even if he did drive the cata of the building, there were more buildings in front if it, it wouldn't kill anyone. that's the best tactic i'v ever heard.
    This is exactly why you can't tell me what i, or hospitalizer did, because you never saw any of it.

15. KArth

KArth Ballista Bolt Thrower

There should be like a 1 week anti-kick timer, so new players can get the 'feel' (and understanding) of the game without being vote kicked for being a newbie.

This is like an all-out argument no longer about 'griefing' but about tactics...

16. Hospitalizer

This noob soccer mom mentality bull shit is what I haven to put up with u know it's not that he's a troll of griefer or noob it's that he knows best that it's not safe for the catapult to have wheels they say shit like it's point at our flag half the time it's just not safety. I built the siege shop mined the mats and payed for all the catapults he talking about.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 14, 2016, Original Post Date: Mar 14, 2016 ---
    This also the reason asking them to stop never works at the heart of it they think it's some kind of safety issue

17. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

Totally agree with both things!
    1)No . 2) No. 3) FUck no.
    There should be a goddamn window kindly forcing you to make the tutorial when launching kag for first time, or when pressing the "multpiplayer" by the first time.
    Am I the only lifeless nerd that played the shitty campaing/pseudo-tutorial when the early beta was released, slowly, building and testing one thing at a time, BEFORE going to multiplayer?
    It was fun for me, and led me know things without asking "HOW DO I TURN BLOKs XD Lolz" in a middle of a game... Just do the goddamn tutorial (or maybe join in those boring-as-hell sandbox servers). Either way, you are risking yourself to get kicked.
    This thread is going messy. And I even think it was vaguely off-topic since the OP.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
    PinXviiN likes this.
Mods: Rainbows