1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Fancy Weapons Pack [WiP]

Discussion in 'Texture Packs' started by Vimes, Jul 14, 2013.

1. Vimes

Vimes Catapult Fodder

So, I know that there are many mods like this out there, but I figured this would be a good first step in the world of texture pack modding! This one's pretty basic, I'm just taking the current weapons and modifying them to be a bit more fantasy/fancy, sprucing things up a little (: first off, my first complete file is that of the knight's modified sword, which I have changed to be longer, slimmer, and single-edged. It has become a little more like a katana. It also has a lightning blue pommel stone, which ties into a sort of elemental energy-looking slash thingy. I am also am currently working on a new bow for the archer. I plan on modifying the builder's hammer in the future too, perhaps a hatchet or pickaxe, any suggestions would be really appreciated :)

Screenies:
    screen-13-07-13-22-36-01.png
    screen-13-07-13-22-36-14.png

I would really appreciate any advice/constructive criticism, the file is available below, enjoy :)

knightMale.png

CrystalClear, MadDog, tlc2011 and 6 others like this.
  2. tlc2011

tlc2011 Base Burner

Cool.

Looks like a rapier, to be honest.

How about you make a viking-ish sort of guy? You know, with an axe.

3. Vimes

Vimes Catapult Fodder

Thanks! yeah, I did kind of notice that, I've come to the conclusion it's a KAG cavalry saber haha. As for an axe/vikingish dude, I actually am almost finished with my builder (i've been working around school or it would be done sooner), and he has a sort of fantasy axe (i figured, hey, he never actually used the hammer to build, just to destroy, so why not an axe?), so you might like that, i'll be providing screenies and a download soon (: also, If i have the time, I can make a knight to have a battleaxe, but you might also want to check some of the other texture packs out there, I've seen a couple cool ones involving vikings or orcs that have axes, not to mention a nice barbarian one i used for a while from the Warcraft pack that you might be interested in in the meantime :)

4. sheek

sheek Horde Gibber

Yeah the knight looks awesome dude nice job. Not sure if you have been playing beta yet but the builders tool did change from a hammer to a pick axe. I'm not entirely sure how many people have started playing regular kag and beta yet just because of the silent release but people might like the pick axe in regular kag too. But just an FYI about the pick axe just in case you didn't know.

5. Infiniterising

Infiniterising Amorous Duelist Donator

Will there be any other weapons other than a saber and a battle axe?

6. Vimes

Vimes Catapult Fodder

Thanks man :) Yeah, I have been playing beta a little, and I have noticed that, I actually really like the change. I probably will do a pickaxe version of the builder in that spirit, sadly I won't be able to get that super slick animation to go with it :/ nonetheless, I will likely do that, with a bit of my own flair added for fun. Thanks for the suggestion! :)

Quite likely there will be! I'm thinking perhaps a halberd for the knights, and I might try a crossbow for archers. I'm game for anything though, so if you have suggestions for anything you think might be cool let me know, it would be fun to give it a shot, it would be cool to have a few different options for people to try in the download :)

7. Infiniterising

Infiniterising Amorous Duelist Donator

Will there be a way to select which weapon you want to have like choosing a hat, or will it be random?

8. sheek

sheek Horde Gibber

Well I have no idea what Vimes planes are but you would most likely be able to pick, but like I said, I have no idea.

9. Vimes

Vimes Catapult Fodder

Alas, I fear I am not yet that skilled with KAG related programming, otherwise I would because the weapon-selecting system similar to the hat system would be awesome :/ Instead, I will probably provide a folder for downloading which has textures for knights holding different weapons. You would have to decide which you would want to use for a while, and copy it into the Kag base/sprites folder (after backing up the original, of course!). Sorry I don't quite have that expertise right now :/