1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Few suggestions about forums.

Discussion in 'Forum, wiki and other THD pages' started by Furai, Jun 7, 2011.

Mods: dnmr, Kazaco97
  1. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

We could use some new boards like "Bug?! Report them here!". Maybe also some board/subboard dedicated to suggestions.

I can't also seem to find any button like "undread posts since last visit". Does it exist at all?
    It would be nice to have it here.

EDIT: Some announcements board could also improve things little bit. We could post there some crucial info like that we have IRC channel for support or anything, (#kag @ qnet)

2. Roast Veg

Roast Veg Guest

The "new" button.

3. citricsquid

citricsquid Shark Slayer

I believe K.A wants the bug reports to go on the getsatisfaction page, however if it's okay with him we can add a bug reports section here. Same goes for announcements, I assumed he wants to keep it all over on the blog however we could add a section for announcements even if it's just an RSS feed for the blog that lets users comment here.

I'll add a page for IRC.

4. Furai

Where's that getsatisfaction page? I'm pretty new to KAG - installed it today to check it out. :)

As for IRC. You could implement in forums some redirect link to webchat.

Example link:
    Code:
    http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=kag&uio=d4
    Later on there definitely will be some guide to join IRC. If I won't write one supposedly someone will do it. :)

5. citricsquid

citricsquid Shark Slayer

For IRC I'll do what I did with the Minecraft forum, have a landing page that explains IRC (I'll use what I wrote for Minecraft) and have links to a web based client and the users IRC client (if they have one).

http://getsatisfaction.com/gold

6. Kelaisnow

Kelaisnow Guest

Just found that page views are added as many times as the link is opened. Posted a topic with a question asking how to post jpegs in messages. Saw a jump in views so I thought it was answered, but then I found out that I was just adding to the views by opening the page over and over to see for updates lol.

7. Furai

Isn't it like this on every forum?

There's something I'd like to see being added here - favicon.ico. That will help me keeping my bookmarks nice and clean, for sure. :)

8. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Wanted to point out that I really love the responsiveness of the forums - very very speedy!

That said, have you considered merging the disparate websites (site, blog, forum, wiki, maybe even the bug reports) into a single one, with a CMS?

Mods: dnmr, Kazaco97