1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Tweaks Fishy Tweak

Discussion in 'Modding [KAG]' started by Sinleet, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Sinleet

Sinleet Shipwright

This changes the fishy give a speedboost while held for the knight/builder/archer while in the water.

Much like how the chicken gives you a glide while held

Also seemed to have created a bug where fishies mature a lot more rapidly

Should be easy to change the speed they give you as well.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
    goodyman8 and kodysch like this.
  2. Apronymous

Apronymous Bison Rider

Seems a tad silly. I've heard this idea get pitched around before, but with the speed boost knights would have to carry fishy to stand a chance in melee (slash ranges and all that). I like the idea of faster fishy growth, but even then that's only because I never feel like there's never enough health kicking about not getting picked up. That said, with all th knights carrying live fishies into battle there would be quite a dearth of dead fishies around. Further more, melee bomb use in water would become a fools errand (since you have to drop your fishy to bomb).
    Also, this probably isn't the place for it, but I think that fishies reducing drown rate a tad might be kind of cool while still fitting with the theme of fishies being heal sticks.

tl;dr
    Knights having to carry a certain item to work properly seems unpleasant and flat. Also some off topic poorly organized gibberish. Also I haven't tried this mod out, so anything I say should be taken with a mine of salt. Also I like the word also.

Edit: Fixed one of many typos.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
    Nivlac_13 and Sir_Walter like this.
  3. kodysch

kodysch Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

Again, nice job. It's good to see someone actually making mods that people have suggested. Is there anyway to make it to where you can't attack with fishy in your hands?

4. Sinleet

Sinleet Shipwright

It doesn't look like there is any currently working method ingame, this isn't that big of a priority for me .
    It is silly, much like how chickens will continue to give you a glide even after you've started from the map height. Bombing should be only a little harder in that your target is slightly more mobile, but you can place the fishy into your inventory to switch to your bomb. Your inventory also acts like a permanent cryo stasis that will keep your fishy alive no matter how long you're without water. I think the better way of nerfing the fishy boosting is by making them actually increase your drown rate. This will encourage people to come up for air more often, hurting their fishy in the process.

5. kodysch

kodysch Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

what about when an archer holds a keg? He can't attack then.