1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[FIXED]High ping that I can't bring down.

Discussion in 'General Help' started by BlueLuigi, Nov 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Out of nowhere about 30-40 minutes ago I got a really high ping, it seems to persist on all servers I visit, won't go down, I checked if anyone else on my line was downloading anything, nope, most are asleep, one is simply browsing YouTube (common), my ping however went from my 66-166 normal to 500~900 steady, noticeable lag on my screen, also lagging others. Restarting, updating, etc hasn't changed anything.

Curious as to what the cause could be if anyone might know, I also tried on empty servers, and get 500-700 ping. Will attempt to restart my modem if it persists but have been avoiding it as it also restarts my TVs with my current setup.

2. AJ

AJ Emperor of Mankind Donator

I dunno if this is it but with youtube it might cause high ping if its a 1080p+ vid and long or if its servral vids loading at once.

3. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Strange, it persisted for over an hour, and now all of a sudden it fixed itself.

I checked everything, nothing suspicious on my network or anything.

Wish I could rename topic to [FIXED] :)
    Done. -illu

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.