1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[Fixed] Server Instant Die after updates, running dedicatedserver.sh.

Discussion in 'Server Help' started by Qui, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Qui

Qui Catapult Fodder

Hi beloved KOG friends!

I got myself a paid fullversion of KOG today, and wanted to take the opportunity to host a dedi-server on my linux server to contribute to the community out there. System is running on Ubuntu 64bit.

Changes I made before I ran the script:
    *Added libs for 64bit support, according to the wiki.
    *Change KAG to KAGdedi in the startupscript. (dedicatedserver.sh)

Terminal printout:
    http://pastebin.com/qfbWbAKp

After running the dedicatedserver.sh, the script returns to the preinstalled state. KAGdedi --> KAG. And after changing it back, once again, it doesn't start.

Some expertise would be appreciated!
    </br>--- merged: Mar 16, 2012 9:55 PM ---</br>
    solved it.

now I just get banned because i'm not authed -9, when I try to join the server. (I turned of authentication in the dedicated_autoconfig.gm, still the same issue. )

2. trelawney

trelawney KAG Guard Tester

For the sake of good forum manners and closure, can you tell us the steps you took to solve it?

3. Qui

Qui Catapult Fodder

yes ofc.

I had multiple instances running, shut them down and start again. And all was fine. Probably they tried to run on the same ports or something like that, and crashed the server.

trelawney likes this.