1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Windows (FIXED) TR won't even open in Windows 8.1

Discussion in 'Help' started by bru-jaz, Nov 11, 2015.

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey
  1. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

Hi. Ive bought the 4 pack just today (didn't know the demo was still free..), i downloaded the .zip from the thd homepage and when i try to run TR.exe or nolauncher.bat neither of them seems to work. My cursor show as "loading" but nothing really happens. The process doesnt even show in the task manager. Another thing that could help to diagnose my issue is when i try to run TR it keeps loading and freeze the explorer window im using (even it freeze desktop if i run it from a shortcut from there) so i must open the task manager and kill and run explorer every try.

Some specs:
    Dibujo.JPG

zenks

Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
  2. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

First of all I'd like to thank you for supporting us by buying the game.

Your issue sounds odd.
    Do you have any anti-virus software running in the background? Anything at all that could block the game from running? Did you install the VCRedist? (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8328)

Nicuwins and bru-jaz like this.
  3. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

I love you.
    It seems to have some problem with the anti virus ( i use AVAST FREE). Id deactivated it and now it runs smoothly.
    Thanks again for your quick and kind response.

Permanent Exclusions
    Step 1
    Open your Avast Free Antivirus or Avast Internet Security installation.

Step 2
    Click "Settings," and then click "Antivirus."

Step 3
    Scroll down to the section named “Exclusions.”

Step 4
    Click the “File Paths” tab and use “Browse” to select folders that you need to exclude from Avast.

toffie0 likes this.
  4. 101i

101i Haxor Forum Moderator Tester

5. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Will check once I get the time. Thanks for the help
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 13, 2015, Original Post Date: Nov 12, 2015 ---
    I had to download Winrar. I also had to get rid of my anti virus software. Now when I open the game it constantly crashes. It's driving me insane because I want to play so bad lol

6. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Make sure you're using TR.exe and not the old KAG.exe if you updated the old demo. If that's not the issue post the logs

7. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Yeah I just looked through the forums and TR.exe was necessary to play. I also had to disable anti virus and download winrar for extracting files. Hope that helps anyone with similar issues

8. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

i suggest that, since the new "help" topic was created in this subforum, some mod should move this thread to that place too.
    @Mazey

Done -Mazey

9. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

For future reference - report button under post is there for a reason. Instead of making unnecessary comment to tell mods what to do, how about just reporting it to them? All mods responsible for the forum section will have nagging notification about it.

10. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

How could i know that the report button have that use? The rules section explicitly say its use is for the violation of the rules. And i cant stop feeling that i would press the red alarm of doom when i watch that yellow sign in the button. And nagging notification about what? about the comment or the report?
    And talking about unnecessary comments, there was 3 of them after I said it was fixed wich also gave me notifications.
    I just was trying to help to build this new subforum.
    -this is 2 months old btw-

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
Mods: makmoud98, Mazey