1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Fixing a flying vehicle to never rotate

Discussion in 'Modding Help' started by Frikman, Jul 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frikman

Frikman Bison Rider

Hi, I recently downloaded The Soprano's Zeppelin and I have a few issues with it. When I added cannons to it it started floating, which is nice, but it comes at the cost of the vehicle rotating violently when I jump onto it as seen in the video related. Is there any way to fix this or I should forget about making it solid to players? Also, the turrets sprites never rotate, no matter if the driver aims to the opposite direction and I have no idea what causes it.

2. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

it wasnt floating before you added the turrets?
    i believe this is normal, if you fly an airship and someone jumps on it while it is flying it does the same thing. I think you can put this.getShape().SetRotationsAllowed(false); in your oninit function for your zepplin and it should stay still
    I think this problem should fix itself once you disable rotations

Osmal likes this.
  3. Frikman

Frikman Bison Rider

Holy crap, it works. Thanks fam, now I can be a space pirate.
    About the floating, it flied before but once I got out it would fall to the ground. Now it stays there, on the place I get out

4. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

well, glad i could help, locking thread

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.