1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Flaming arrows + wooden buildings

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Strech, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Strech

Strech KAG Guard Tester

[​IMG]

That could be fun in my opinion... :)

2. miaow

miaow Guest

That sounds like a good idea, it would really add to the dynamics.

3. ArtCrusader

ArtCrusader Guest

+1 for sure

4. vig

vig KAG Guard Tester

without a way of putting the fire out, only degenerates would live in a house of cards.

Doors and ladders are wooden enough. With too many easily obtainable resources the battlefield would turn into a buildfest with too much junk cluttering everywhere.

P.S. Burning trees?

Flaming arrows = yes. Houses of wood = maybe

5. killzonea59

killzonea59 Guest

Sounds decent, but I don't agree with the wooden buildings. They're more vulnerable than stone to begin with, easier to destroy and everything, and now you're gonna make it even MORE easier to get through it by using flamed arrows? It's basically asking the question of why even have wooden buildings if nobody will build them because of vulnerability?
    But I like the idea of catching fire to trees, catapults, or even have a little fire spread on the ground and gradually damage any player that crosses it.

6. m00`

m00` Guest

No ones going to use wood to build if their buildings can catch on fire

7. HA1TER

HA1TER Shopkeep Stealer

Ok,so even now we have problems whit wood sometimes.There is not enough of it!I mean,there is plenty of it at start of the game,but after a while it is hard to get any.
    Now imagine,round begins and every player goes as archer whit couple of builders to make them ladders and they start to destroy other teams trees,cause as we know,we dont have them at same places as the other team...
    I would limit those flaming arrows to 1 or 2 per player or it should be limited in how many blocks of wood,trees,ladders will burn.
    If it is not limited,all that you build from wood will be gone,trees will be gone and at the end there would be no wood so maybe it is better to remove wood from the game cause it would be the same...
    When they implement water,you will(i hope) need wood to make rafts :O to cross the lake?!
    It needs to be made from,i don`t know,6 blocks of wood and if they hit you whit !FLAME ON! than you,or burn,or swim back...
    Wooden buildings?Why not?Some guard towers,little wooden houses where you can sit,watch tv,play a bit of KAG while you restore health etc.
    Stone is hard to get,and any protection is better than no protection...

8. DorkeyDear

DorkeyDear Shipwright

F12 @ wood blocks. I remember mentioning this in-game once :)
    No comment on fire arrows burning the wood.

9. Overlord

Overlord KAG Guard Tester

It would be hilarious to see people with an arrow stuck in them running around on fire...

10. JacKD

JacKD Guest

flame arrows FTW! it would be great to use them to stop the other team too (like, set a wood contructions block or a ladder, sometthing flamable) and then set it on fire!!!

11. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Flame arrows>yes
    Wood blocks>yes

Flame arrows will burn only the block they hit.

Flame arrows will get stuck into players and set them on fire, no way to get saved expect jumping into hopefully soon upcoming water.

If flamed person runs to another, he sets on fire too> MASSACRE FTW!!!

YEEAAAAHH!!!

Edit: And oh, also, throw hopefully soon upcoming oil into a flame arrow, and it will BURN.

Throw water from a barrel into flames> No fire.

12. nginferno

nginferno Guest

And finally, it'd turn into a delightful barbeque a hellish inferno of death. IMPLEMENT NAO!

13. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

I say no to fire. I just simply don't like the idea of it.

14. nginferno

nginferno Guest

depends on it uses. The spreading part i admit is op xD

15. JacKD

JacKD Guest

FLAMETHROWER RAI NAU!!!! xDDDDDDD it would be awesome... maybe for some kind of quest? (dont ask me what im just promoting mass destruction here)

16. HA1TER

HA1TER Shopkeep Stealer

Guys,dont play whit fire,or you might get burned!
    Fire from player to player = a no go for me!This is not a game whit a 3d space where you can avoid the guy on fire...It is 2d and all character MUST share one point on the screen at some time...
    @ monsteri Try to read the whole topic before posting,someone already posted same stuff! (i mean,there is only couple of replys :l)
    @Furai I will be there to throw you a bucket or two whit water ;) Dont be scared :P

17. killzonea59

killzonea59 Guest

I like the one block burned idea best. I'm all for the flamed arrow, it just can't cause that much destruction, then that'd be giving the archer too much destruction power.

18. Monsteri

@HA1TER: Why couldn't I tell my opinion in details?

19. HA1TER

HA1TER Shopkeep Stealer

HA1TER:I would limit those flaming arrows to 1 or 2 per player or it should be limited in how many blocks of wood,trees,ladders will burn.
    Monsteri:Flame arrows will burn only the block they hit.
    HA1TER:Same thing,sayd different!
    Monsteri:NOT!
    HA1TER:Man,cmon it is SAME!
    Monsteri:NOT!
    HA1TER:I give you cookie!
    Monsteri:told you it is same,duh...
    HA1TER: http://www.panditjiusa.com/GoodBoy.gif
    Monsteri: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-zLwI0syiUuc/TeBMYI-JFiI/AAAAAAAAAPs/0now7MsEItE/s1600/IMG_1969.JPG

20. Monsteri