1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

TDM [REJECTED] Flying Castle

Discussion in 'Rejected Maps' started by Ni, Jun 20, 2017.

1. an_obamanation

an_obamanation The boss Donator

I just edited the map and gave it spikes (The map is currently spawning in incorrectly on one side so i'll fix that and upload it through an edit in a second.) ((EDIT: Fixed it.))

[​IMG]

Even without the spikes though the camping isn't that big of a deal unless they're at the very very bottom, as the arrow head shape gives archers at the top really easy shots at the people hanging (Again, unless it's at the very bottom.)

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
  2. Eluded

Eluded Haxor Official Server Admin

Ok yeah, that would work.

I must admit I've never thought much about how to stop archers camping on the bottom of islands.

If someone does this, I'm usually thinking "let's votekick this abusive archer" rather than "how can the map be changed to prevent this".

I guess there could also be less air at the bottom of the map kind of like Skyfort so it's more difficult to grapple across.

PUNK123 likes this.
  3. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

Good then can we agree that an attempt to fix this issue should be a prerequisite to it being allowed on official.

ok

alot less air on the sides would help(if archers get too close to the edge then they cant grapple i believe. Good thinking.

4. an_obamanation

That black edge no grapple thing was changed a few builds ago, they'd still be able to grapple. I honestly think the spikes are enough in fixing the camping issue.

SirDangalang and PUNK123 like this.
  5. erik102003

erik102003 Base Burner Tester

6. SirDangalang

SirDangalang Lvl. 128 MissingNo. Donator

To me it looks like 2 chickens with crowns squaring off...

... But that might be just wishful thinking ::P:

Ni and an_obamanation like this.
  7. an_obamanation

Chicken_kisser.png

Chickings.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 2, 2017, Original Post Date: Jul 17, 2017 ---
    Rejected at OP's request