1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Footage for trailer needed (and screenshots)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MM, Sep 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MM

MM THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

King Arthur needs you! :)

As you may know we are making an official beta trailer. We dont have much time for it (2 weeks max) and we need lots of little footage for it. If you have recording software and a place to upload a high quality video file then please help us.

Set the game to 1280x960 resolution and record.

Here is the list of shots required:

Shotlist

1. Establishing Tracking shot across environment.

2. 2nd Establishing Tracking shot across environment.

3. Traps*

4. Kegs

5. Sharks

6. Raining Arrows

7. Bison

8. Catapults

9. Drowning

10. Ladders

11. Explosions

12. More explosions.

13. Darkness, and enemies in the darkness are one shot.

14. Combat shot

15. Time-lapse, building a castle then a trap.

16. Lots of knights standing around, and then putting up a smiley face emoticon at the same time.

17. An attack force heading towards the left.

18. Close up of a knight.

19. Close up of an archer.

20. Boulder flying down and squashing some of the attack.

21. Own Catapult Firing from the left.

22. Enemy Catapult from the right.

23. Damage of enemy catapult.

24. A catapult with no ammo.

25. Shot of knight firing himself out of a catapult, using it as a parachute and then surfing on some water.

26. Archer firing off a volley of arrows.

27. Archer grappling over the top of an enemy fort.

28. Close up shot of grappling archer.

29. Action final, lots of epic things.

30. Epic shot. 1 Second.

31. Epic shot. 1 Second.

32. Epic shot. 1 Second.

33. Epic shot. 1 Second.

34. Epic shot. 1 Second.

35. Epic shot. 2 Second.

36. Final tracking shot showing environment, sunken ships, burning buildings, lots of craters and damage (end of map shot).

EDIT:
    I just realized we need new screenshots too. So this might be easier if you can't record. You can take screenshots with F4. For best results use them with F6 on.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
    Stevedog and giggiggiggiggig like this.
  2. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Ehhh this seems to have been missed. If there's still time left I could get some stuff but I have a few questions:

1. Does it have to be in-game or can it be staged?
    2. Does it have to be in that resolution? I have a shittone of footage saved up but in a smaller resolution.

3. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Crap, had seen this topic when it was posted but completely forgot about it. A lot of this doesn't seem possible to do in a normal game, testers could probably group up to do it?

4. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

I've been thinking, wouldn't it also be good to have this in the public forum? I'm pretty sure there'd be some more people there that'd be willing to record and give you footage even without anything in return. I wouldn't mind lookinig through it for quality control, if it's too much for you to bother looking through.

I'd record some footage myself, but my max screen resolution is 1366x768.

link6155 and norill like this.
  5. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Unfortunately it does have to be that resolution afaik.
    Can be staged if it doesn't look shit. Would prefer unstaged immensely.

I wouldn't mind it being moved to public forum. There'll be a lot of chopping anyway, the trailer's got to be pretty short. @MM I assume you dont mind?

6. MM

Yeah it can be staged but better live of course.

What might be better staged is:
    15. time-lapse of building - cause we can record a building of a gigantic (useless) castle

7. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

Thread moved.

@ Moderators - please keep this thread as clean as possible.

8. SpideY

SpideY Hear Me Roar Staff Alumni Donator

16. I can gather a lot of knights. Lets schedule a day for that "meeting"

Same thing for building a castle

9. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Fyi: if people want to help with this then they'll need to get a mooooooove on as we're rapidly approaching the time when it'll be needed!

10. Digger101

Digger101 Shark Slayer

I can record most of this, like when a water trap, i just purposly go their to record :) and so on..

11. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

Why not clip all of Contrary's smaller resolution vids together into a montage type thing where it all shows up on the screen at once?

edit: found a download that might help people bring in videos.
    http://www.bandicam.com/
    nevermind it has watermarks... :< the search continues

Better download no watermark:
    http://www.nchsoftware.com/capture/index.html

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  12. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

If I may ask, why is that? As the foremost expert on KAG media the number one problem with KAG footage is that there is often a lot going on in your screen at once and it becomes a struggle focus the viewer's eye on the key parts. Cropping the edges is a necessity for hiding the unnecessary bits and bringing attention to what you're trying to show- in which case it becomes largely superfluous to have it in full resolution.

Also, is sound necessary?

Fellere825 likes this.
  13. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

I would take loads of amazing screenshots if my F4 screenshot button actually worked. Only in the game it doesn't work.

Apronymous and Guitarman like this.
  14. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Turn function lock on or provide more info than "doesn't work" pls and thank you Chris.

Contrary, @MM is the only one who can answer that, afaik it's a concern of the guy he's working with on the trailer and not wanting blurry upscales.

Sound isn't 100% necessary but would be good to have. I think there'll be soundtrack over it but it helps to have the in-game noises there.

15. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Running 1920 X 1080. It seems full-screen refuses to acknowledge the F4 button for screenshots, yet when I turned off full-screen, it took screenshots perfectly fine. Unsure of what could be causing that.

Apronymous likes this.
  16. Geti

I'm really not sure either, I'll look into it later today but it shouldn't really have any effect on whether the button press is picked up.

17. MM

Sounds won't be used, so they don't have to be recorded.

I'll check the F4 issue.

18. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Do you want the videos to have or not ingame GUI?
    Some close-ups are more clear without it, I used it to make some kind of rythm at my fan-made vid.

@SpideY : pm me if you haven't already recorded anything with a group of knights,
    we can all gather at a specific server and the one with no pc issues records it.

@MM : any shot or video of modded textures?

19. Geti

No modded textures unless it's specifically example footage of mod. The rest has to be 100% vanilla.

Without HUD is good for editing later, I'm not sure if it should be for all though, @MM?

20. MM

Preferably without HUD but if you get footage with HUD it's not a big problem because we can zoom in to get rid of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.