1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Forum Forum Update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Kouji, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Warning System has been updated.

As some of you may know, if you get a warning, you will receive warning points. However, you'd have to ask to know how many warning points, if you wished to know. You wouldn't know how many points you got at that point, and you wouldn't know how how long they'd actually last.

So changes: Warning System is now transparent. First all warnings will now expire in 1 year, unlike before where they'd just last like a week before they were gone (basically there was no reason to actually fear warnings, because it was impossible to get enough of them to be punished at all). Additionally, the amount of points you get per warning increases as you break the same rule. So what does this look like?

Flaming:
    • 1st offense == 1 point
    • 2nd offense == 2 points
    • 3rd offense == 4 points
    • 4th offense == 8 points
    • 5th+ offense == 12 points
    Breaking the other rules:
    • 1st offense == 0 points
    • 2nd offense == 1 point
    • 3rd offense == 3 points
    • 4th offense == 5 points
    • 5th offense == 7 points
    • 6th offense+ == 10 points
    For a bit of clarification, a 2nd offense only applies if you have broken that same rule before. For example, if you spam in 1 thread and receive a warning, you'd get 0 points. If you spam again, you will then get 1 point, 3 for the next and so on. Now if you spam in a thread and get a warning, you'd get 0 points. If you then post something off topic in another thread, you'd also get another 0 point warning. Basically, you can technically break any rule once and it's just slap on the wrist. This is particularly for those who just don't read the rules to at least become aware of them. PM's also provide this information for you, so you should have no reason to not know how many points you have at any given time.

Now, all these points don't mean anything, if there aren't punishments for them, so here's how it's set up.
    • 4 points == 3 day ban
    • 10 points == one week ban
    • 20 points == two week ban
    • 30 points == one month ban
    • 35 points == perma ban
    For your guys benefit, you will start with the first warning type available (a 1st offence even if you have broken it before), however any old warnings will not be removed.
    Lastly, as some of you may have already noticed, inactive moderators have been removed, and we've added some fresh blood. Guro has been added to Classes and Mechanics, Spidey has been added to French and Galen has been added to German. Updated mod list is here: https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/staff-list.6127/

If you have any issues with the above changes, post here, and I'll look it over. I'll take anything that seems like a serious issue into consideration for making changes. Simply thinking the new system is too tough, is not enough, you need to explain why.

Guitarman, kl4060, dnmr and 14 others like this.
  2. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

does this mean that i should be perma banned now since i have 8 breakings of rules? or are they gone?
    edit: nvm

3. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Please read again. Your question was already answered.

4. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

When If you're banned, are you just blocked from posting? Or can you not even lurk?

5. Kouji

You shouldn't be able to lurk, since you can't login. Although you can just lurk by not logging in the first place

6. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

Is there anyway to view your points?

7. Kouji

Not directly, which is why you'd have to a pm a mod before.

However, now you'll get a PM telling you exactly how many points you got along with how a reminder that it'll last a whole year. So you can just add them up yourself. If you delete the convos where the warning is given, then that's your fault.

8. delankski

delankski Horde Gibber

If some people say
    "OFF-TOPIC - Bla bla bla"

Is it still considered as a Spam?

9. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

No that's considered off-topic :p

Guitarman and delankski like this.
  10. Kouji

Not really. (If you mean someone is pointing out something is off topic)

However, I'd prefer that people press the report button on something that's off topic though. That'll be the button that's next to their name on the bottom left. Then just type which specific rule it breaks.

Being off-topic is breaking a different rule.

delankski likes this.
  11. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

This is confusing, and now i somewhat fear making any kind of forum post :(

12. Kouji

It shouldn't be a problem if you follow the rules. You should only really fear it if you like posting off topic, spam, or flame others.

delankski and Froghead48 like this.
  13. delankski

delankski Horde Gibber

I have been warned for several times,
    But Forum mods are nice and encouraging to "Not to be scared to post anything, but be sure that your post will still be connected to the Topic provided by the Thread". :)

Froghead48 likes this.
  14. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Yo dawg, how do the old points go over nigga? Am I havin me a fresh ass slate?

yo dawg, fuck dat nigga dawg, fuck you too mods are shit son.

Translation: Hello Sir, how do the old points translate to the new ones?

15. Kouji

As I told Toast, it's already answered. But I guess I'll reiterate so I don't get asked anymore.
    Mainly because I'm not going to go through 500+ users just to manually remove old warnings 1 by 1. If you need to know how many old points you still have left, pm a mod.

Yagger and delankski like this.
  16. Kouji

Minor Update, mostly related to clans.
    1.) Rules have been added
    2.) Dead clans (by my definition, anything that hasn't had a post in over a month) have been removed. Groups are not included in this.
    3.) Groups and Clans get thread prefixes. You can use these by going into a specific thread and pressing the "edit thread" in the thread tools menu (if you are a group moderator). Then on the left side of the thread title, you'll see a prefixes scroll down menu. You can choose from there. Currently only have 5, but I can add more if I can get enough people to support a specific one.

BlueLuigi, SkiPzZ_, Karpovich and 3 others like this.
  17. buster-boy17

buster-boy17 suries gard

Looks better with the point's side of things.Is the forum eva gonan change like more sections or colour or somthin or A bit easeir to read becuase the begininning people have trouble with this forum

18. Kouji

Forums have gotten an update due to the recent Beta Release.
    1. The Silent Beta Section has been moved up and is now between the Announcements Section and Classic Section.
    2. The Classic Section has been renamed to King Arthur's Gold Classic, to more easily differentiate the 2.
    3. A Server Help and General Help Subforum have been added to the Beta Help Section. You will now not be able to post in the Main Help forums, only in the corresponding sub section.
    4. Report Abusive Players Here subforum has been moved over from Classic Kag Help to Beta KAG help, along with the stickies from there. Classic will have redirects to those threads so you can get used to it or in case you forget, but will only last a week.
    5. Any announcements from the Beta section have been moved to the Main Announcements forum at the top. Additionally, the Beta Announcements Section has been deleted.
    6. For Testers and Guards: Your corresponding forum section has been moved up to Beta. Probably don't need to go into further detail for those 2. Same also applies to the Community Dev Section.
    7. Suggestions and Ideas has been moved out of the Beta General section and into it's own section.
    The Classic Section will remain until much later, since the majority of players still play Classic. However once this changes, it will be archived and moved to the very bottom of the forums.

Main reason for this post is cause I don't want like a 100 posts asking where stuff is (which I'll probably get anyways, since people never read important stuff).