1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG Freeze every second

Discussion in 'Help' started by kaggit, Jun 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Mods: makmoud98, Mazey
  1. kaggit

kaggit Bison Rider

HELLO!

So I recently got a new PC (YAY) But problem is, it can run things like Chivalry: Medieval Warfare at the highest settings but it can't seem to run KAG. I am able to join servers like Roleplay but on every server I play on the game freezes for a split second, every second. Even tho it gets about 100 FPS. Making it just a tad bit hard to play.

Does anyone have any ideas?

2. Snake19

Snake19 RIP Staff Alumni Donator
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

your graphics card is up to date?

3. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Are your drivers up-to-date?

4. kaggit

kaggit Bison Rider

I'm not sure. I'd assume so as this is a new PC but how would I check?

5. heX_

heX_ Bison Rider

First off, run Windows update (check the optional updates). Then update your video card drivers through the menu of your manufacturer (for AMD this is Catalyst Control Center) which will be a program running in the background, accessible from the notification area (all the way to the tight on your taskbar).
    If you're using Steam you can click on "Steam" in the menu bar and click "check for video driver updates".

6. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Try turning off help (F1) and see if that helps. I've heard people with slow hard disks having issues with this as it saves all the seen help boxes to disk, and the interval that it seems to be happening at sounds about right. (not my code, should be fixed, probably wont be etc etc)

7. daskew87

daskew87 Legendary corpse humper Donator

I'm having the exact same problem. My drivers are up-to-date, and I will try Geti's idea and report back about it.

However what do you mean @Geti about slow hard discs? Could it be improved by us freeing up some disc space?

8. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Could be improved by getting an SSD.
    If you have a "classical" HDD, defragmenting it if you're using a filesystem that fragments (if you're on windows, you probably are) or getting one with higher rpm (->faster read/write speed) would be an improvement. It literally writes out the help file to disk before it lets that frame end.

If it affects multiple people I'm fine with having a look at it but it's not something i hear too often.

9. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

If you have loads of RAM, you also can set up a RAM disk syncing with the KAG folder on your HDD. This can prevent up buying parts and gives a great boost if you have a HDD bottleneck.

Just don't use windows update, it's often the best way to destroy your drivers.

10. kaggit

kaggit Bison Rider

Really appreciate the help guys, I'll start putting your ideas to good use!
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 18, 2015, Original Post Date: Jun 18, 2015 ---
    So I installed KAg, tried turning [F1] off but that didn't work. So I checked for driver updates, found some and installed them all but that didn't work either. I also turned of VSync just in case that was the problem but nope.

Can you show me how this can be done? I have 8GBs of RAM, that's more then enough for KAG right?

I've done a little bit of experimenting and found it's not my RAM or CPU that's causing the problem.
    @daskew87 what PC do you have?
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 18, 2015 ---
    NEVERMIND I found the issue. The reason behind KAG freezing was because I was running it off a USB xD

Now I feel like a total waffle but thank you all for helping me out!

11. Geti

Hey, I was right, great :) Flash write speed is terrible, so that lines up with what I'd expect from a terrible HDD. Should put this in an FAQ somewhere.

Asu likes this.
  12. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Locked since resolved.

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.