1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

from inception to implementation

Discussion in 'Community Dev Corner' started by FliesLikeABrick, Jun 14, 2012.

Mods: Downburst, Mazey
  1. FliesLikeABrick

FliesLikeABrick THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Last Friday Geti, Shadlington an myself were on mumble and using google docs together in real time to create a sketch of the new interface for the server browser and tweaking it until we thought we had a usable interface. I think start to finish we spent under an hour on it (and went through at least a dozen variations)

Here's what we ended up with:
    New Server Browser Mockup.png

then on Monday I was finishing up the API calls (replacing the crappy old master code with the nice fast API calls and logic) as Shadlington started work on developing the new interface. For side-by-side comparison here's what is in the client now:

[​IMG]

So the design was done on Friday, and then Shad and I worked on it for a bunch of time on Monday through Wednesday morning so we could release it yesterday afernoon/evening. This just goes to show how much having a solid concept -- not just of the interface but of the functionality we wanted to provide -- leads to extremely efficient work.

2. Creille

Creille Base Burner

Wow that looks really good :D great to see the browser changed :)

3. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

Great to see you guys have a great view and a solid work ethic on how you are getting stuff done. Keeps us happy and keeps your work clean and managed.
    Also Flab, you are doing a great job just to tell you. (the rest of the team to)

4. AgeOfMe

AgeOfMe Shopkeep Stealer

I wish I was that efficent (I kind of mull about for a while, sit down do thirty minutes of work, then repeat)

Ghozt likes this.
Mods: Downburst, Mazey