1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Game consistently crashing 1/2 second after startup.

Discussion in 'General Help' started by FuzzyBlueBaron, Jan 12, 2012.

1. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

<rage>
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!:>:(:!:>:(:!:>:(:!:>:(:!:>:(:!:>:(:!:>:(:!:>:(:!:>:(:!:>:(:!:>:(:!:>:(:!:>:(:!:>:(:!:>:(:!:>:(:!:>:(:!:>:(:!:>:(:!:>:(:!:>:(:!:>:(:!!!
    </rage>

Now. I've been trying on and off for three days now trying to get KAG working with no success. I'd like some concrete help before I turn into more of a cranky ragebeast than I am now.

After accidentally deleting my KAG folder (don't ask - just don't) I downloaded the latest version of KAG, installed it and tried to start it up. It ran for all of 0.5 seconds, then crashed. Since then I have tried to run it again many, many, many times; fiddled with numerous settings; downloaded another new version (twice!); and even tried to run a copy off a USB stick I got from Wonkyth.

All has failed me.

Help would be nice.

Ta.

(oh; I'm running Vista SP2).

Attached Files:

2. Kagesha

Kagesha KAG Guard Tester

disable a few shitty things from vista such as UAC.

i see you've also just put it on the desktop, try putting the KAG folder in your C:/ drive (or reinstalling to default directory) to see if it makes a difference.

3. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

UAC's always been off. Anything else I might have forgotten to turn off? I've already tried it in three different locations apart from the desktop, but 'twas a good thought.

4. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

All attempts at transferring games trough USB failed for me.
    If you want i could try to upload my version online so you can download it.
    Although the background isn't working(same happened to me and my friend did the same and its working now).
    Other then the minor background(no mountains etc) it works well.

5. FuzzyBlueBaron

Got a hold of the old 190 installer - installed happily, ran & updated happily, crashed like normal when I restarted after the update. Definitely the new updates since 128 that are causing problems. :>:(:
    Sure. That would be great. If the game runs I'll be happy - even without the background (pretty as it is).

6. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

I also merged it with an old Haven&Hearth folder.
    But aside from that it should work as usual,and the folder isn't big anyway.
    (Opening conversation with link now).
    EDIT: With mediafire i keep getting error 502,any solutions/other sites to upload it from?

7. FuzzyBlueBaron

I confess I'm a noob when it comes to such things - anyone else have a solution/suggested different site?

8. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Try dropbox. Are you wanting a .zip of a fully installed KAG folder?

9. Bracket

Bracket KAG Guard Tester

My computer is at an odd balance where if I have a few too many processes up, KAG will refuse to launch without crashing, so I generally just bring up the task manager and close Firefox and Skype and then it works.

10. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

Im trying to upload the full file for him,but i keep getting error 502 which is something about a connection or something...

11. Noburu

So just a zip of the kag folder then?

12. FuzzyBlueBaron

I'm wanting anything that will allow me to play KAG.
    Hmm. I hadn't thought I had too much running, but I'll shut down everything else and see if that fixes things...

13. Noburu

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/38009065/KAG.zip
    Download that and see if it will work for you.

EDIT: You should be able to extract it to where ever and run straight from the folder.

14. FuzzyBlueBaron

Thanks, Noburu. Sadly it still won't run - downloaded, extracted, ran, crashes at exactly the same point - but thank you for the effort nevertheless. :)

15. Noburu

Very strange, of course that was an XP install but still. I can try my Win7 one if you want when I get home from work.

16. FuzzyBlueBaron

If you're willing, sure why not?

17. Noburu

Leaving work in an hour, will give it a try.

18. FuzzyBlueBaron

I'll be abed then; but I'll give it a swing tomorrow. :)

19. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

As i said,the whole kag folder.
    No zip.

20. Noburu

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/38009065/KAG.zip

Might not quite be done uploading, but will be in 10 minutes or so from this posting. Hope this works!

Im going to blame your horrible, horrible pron addiction for breaking your Windows.

Seriously though if anyone reading this has any ideas, HELP THE MAN OUT. His buddies on the Action [!] Servers miss him.