1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Windows Game Crash on clicking Play

Discussion in 'General Help' started by protik, Dec 28, 2012.

1. protik

protik Catapult Fodder

Just downloaded and installed the game. Without doing anything else, the game crashes as soon as I click Play in the menu.

Attached Files:

2. rocker2

rocker2 Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Is this the first time you have installed the game?
    Or did you already have the game installed in the same folder before?

3. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

I'm having the same problem on Mac.

4. Leoprime

Leoprime Shopkeep Stealer

Try uninstalling and then deleting the kag folder.
    Download kag again then install and see if that fixes it.

5. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

I solved it.

6. w00ties

w00ties Catapult Fodder

How? There are other people with this problem and we don't know how to solve it.
    </br>--- merged: Jul 28, 2013 3:31 PM ---</br>
    Okay. I have figured out this particular issue.

The launcher would open but the game would not launch after clicking "Play"

After reading through the FAQ and convincing myself that I had completed each and every step properly, I was still facing a blank white screen after pressing "Play" in the KAG launcher. This blank screen would eventually stop responding and the client would crash.

This is all because I (foolishly) assumed that all my .exe files were automatically launching through the "Run As Administrator" command. This was incorrect.

Double-clicking the desktop shortcut will launch the KAG launcher (allowing you to select Play - Setup - Create Account - KAG Community - etc) however it won't run the game as administrator after clicking "Play"

To solve this crash/not responding error simply right-click the desktop shortcut and select "Run as administrator." I know this is an embarrassingly obvious solution seeing as how it's clearly stated in the FAQ. Although perhaps there are other people who will assume that their primary windows account is running everything as administrator (which apparently is incorrect).

7. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

This was such a long time ago, I would suggest removing kag completely and uninstalling, wipe any thought of kag from your computer, re-download and install it again. Otherwise, sorry.