1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Windows Game freezes with movement animation

Discussion in 'General Help' started by Rocinante, Jul 25, 2013.

1. Rocinante

Rocinante Ballista Bolt Thrower

This is an issue for me in both KAG Classic and the Beta, both in multiplayer and solo. I press A, D, or W and the frame rate will cease to exist, freezing the game, but will resume at a normal rate when I don't move. This must be a performance issue on my end, since it can't be a bug for both versions, but it wasn't happening just a day ago.

Should I just reinstall everything?

2. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Right click and click properties. If it's in compatibility mode take it off, KAG gets frame rate issues when in Compatibility mode. Otherwise I would reinstall.

3. Rocinante

Rocinante Ballista Bolt Thrower

Rebooting seems to have fixed the issue. But now the server list is empty and the news feed isn't being read by the start-up prompt, for both Classic and the Beta.

The command prompt (or whatever) for the Beta has this line:
    Code:
    CURL Error: HTTP response code said error
    Not using autoupdate_ignore_custom.cfg