1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[Game Mode] Invaders

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Ninja12, Dec 8, 2013.

?

What do you think of the game mode?

1. Decent.

12.5%
  2. Cool!

12.5%
  3. Awesome!

62.5%
  4. Codswallop. (Crap)

12.5%
Mods: Rainbows
  1. Ninja12

Ninja12 Haxor

Ok, so one day I was playing on this server, and I thought about a terrorist game mode.
    The objective of the game is:
    Defenders (Blue Team): You must defend your city by building defenses, or killing invaders.
    Invaders (Red Team): You must take down the Capital. You have the ability to use all sorts of vehicles to get inside of the Capital and destroy the defenses, and take over.

The Defenders have access to turrets, NPCs, tanks, planes, missiles, other stuff.
    The Invaders have access to different weapons, explosives, NPCs, vehicles, other stuff.

I didn't go into too much depth with the thought, but I think this might be a good idea as a mod. What do you guys think?

2. KaiserBolt

KaiserBolt Catapult Fodder

What would the defender's win condition be, time?

3. Ninja12

Ninja12 Haxor

Time, or when all of the Invaders tickets run out.

4. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

It seems to be a simple siege battle, many medieval games has it (Mount and Blade Warband: The attackers have to reach the center of the village and take down a flag and defenders hold the flag raise a certain limit of time. In cag, would be more like INFILTRATION in soldat. I would love to see that in kag.

Here are some ideas for what you are saying:

GAMEPLAY:
    60 sec freebuilding time.
    Time limit
    (defenders wins).
    Spawn reinforcements limit ,like classic CTF+DM, but a high amount for each team but a little bit less for the besieged team.
    One defender's hall to capture (attackers wins ).

:castle: The deffenders castle must be already built in map, and in that case, should have a very limited resources and only could build wood blocks to repair walls and that kind of stuff (no fire arrows allowed to attacker team).
    The maps could have two fronts: the castle is in middle and could it be a water pit in a side (boats needed) and simple terrain in the other.
    Maybe the castle should be tall, but with doors in many floors to be capable to break for the other team. This will raise the ammount of boulders needed by the besieged team.

:blue:DEFENDERS:
    -Must have 1 hall (to investigate items)
    -
    -In that hall would be a large amount of weapon item resources (all calculated to get empty when time reaches the las 2 min of the round) as arrows, wood and that kind of items that where imperative to builder and archer. This would make this game mod very realistic and similar to the reals medieval sieges, where the invasions lasts years, and one of the besieger's strategies are let the defender's supplies get over.
    -
    -:hammer: Only build woodblocks (door, bridge, workshop and solid) (and spikes ?) besides the stone blocks, doors in the already built casstle. :door: :bridge: :dirt_bg:
    -
    -:workshop: The workshops abaible are: Bread, water ammo, pyrotechnics, stationary bow shop(doesnt exist) and demolitions* . But cant make siege.
    -
    -Have a little 3x2 pool of water in the castle (or on the walls) to fill buckets to throw and stun the enemies like hot oil on the main doors of the midle age. This also opens the possibility for the besiegers to buy fire arrows. :bucket::noburu:
    -
    *-:sword:Cant use demolition as normal bombs and KEG but mines and water ammo.:mine::water_bomb:
    -
    -:bow: Archers buy everything but bomb ammo. I dunno if stairs get flamed, but if they do, the archers in defenders team COULD buy fire ammo to fire the enemy's ladder. :arrow::fire_arrow::water_arrow:

(all the disabled items to this team could be stealed of an enemy's dead body)

:red:ATTACKERS:
    -Start in a campaing tent in an extreme of the map.
    -
    -:hammer:Cant make "halls workshops" but "knight workshop"; "builder" and "archer" ones. (those where you actualy buy the items with coins):a_shop: :b_shop: :quarters:
    -
    -:hammer:Should be the only team with gold resource to make siege workshops (should be a max of 1 siege vehicle in the invader team at the time, either would be very difficult to de defenders) :gold_bullion:
    -
    -:hammer:Only can build ladders or workshops.:workshop: :ladder:
    -
    -:sword:Limited amount of heavy demolitions at same time (also keg must be expensive:gold:). Like two max for each castle's front. :keg::bomb::mine::bomb:
    -
    -:bow:Archers could have normal, water and bomb arrows (but the last should be very expensive):arrow::water_arrow::bomb_arrow:

Probalby this will get filed and get old as dust in the attic. But when i read this thread my imagination flows. ::):

Warren2997 and BlueLuigi like this.
Mods: Rainbows