1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Game Runs Really Slow

Discussion in 'General Help' started by starsoccer9, Jan 29, 2012.

1. starsoccer9

starsoccer9 Bison Rider

Basiclly I have had KAG on my computer a couple of times because I had it on then reformated it and so on. Anyways after reinstall KAG it now runs super slow. The menu lags and so does the game in single and multiplayer. When I installed it I used to have to change a couple of settings to get it to run well but the thread that I got the changes from I can no longer find. Also I have changed nopthing about my computer only reformated it.

2. Im_a_Turtle

Im_a_Turtle Arsonist

First, do you have an antivirus program to stop virus, malware, and adware?
    Second; Do you do disk clean ups and disk defrags? Also do you have a registry cleaner?
    Third; go to the start button, then press run and type in msconfig, then go to start up and services (For services press the check box that says "Hide all Microsoft Processes" After that, google all of the services and processes in that menu and see if there are any stupid apps running in the background such as Google updater and probably unknown processes that may be trojans.
    Or you could just turn of any third party appps while playing the game such as steam or desura or origin or ect.

Edit: Also tell us in more detail of the problem, is it mostly graphics problems? If so check to see if your drivers are up to date.
    Is it just because the whole computer is being slow before your even playing a game?
    Or is it only KAG that is being slow. If so...well, i guess someone else can help on that.

3. Kagesha

Kagesha KAG Guard Tester

did you recently reformat your computer? or are you talking about just reinstalling KAG? if you did just reformat your computer i suggest you update your drivers.

4. starsoccer9

starsoccer9 Bison Rider

@Turtle No It is not because of any program or anything. Also it is a graphic problem I would assume. Just everything lags alot and my fps is like 2-4
    @Kagesha: Yes I just reformated my computer and I have already checked all my drivers are up to date. And the game when ever I install it for the first time runs really slow until I chnage settings to make it faster in config file.

5. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Shark Slayer

Having the same problem, I have just literally facepalmed myself, for not thinking about updating my Graphics Drivers... There's always that one thing I forget. And apparently my OS isn't windows, yet I know it's windows 7, any help?

6. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

I see, so your game ran slow regardless until you changed the config files? That would have helped if you had stated that specifically earlier.

You said you looked for a thread that increased performance, would it happen to be this one:
    http://kagforum.com/index.php?threads/increasing-game-performance-fps-tips.483/

edit: also this? sv_showminimap = 0 and v_bpp = 16
    That should also improve performance somewhat as well.

Noburu likes this.
  7. starsoccer9

starsoccer9 Bison Rider

tried all of those and did not work. Right now the only way I can get it to run normal is when I changed the graphic driver to directx instead of opengl. Also I have a radeon 2600hd xt incase someone knows of a driver I couldnt find or sumthing

8. IPatI

IPatI Catapult Fodder

Ive Tried Every option. i can run TF2 and Many other games clear as day but not KAG.

9. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

You are talking about the classic version of kag right? (downloaded at kag2d.com)