1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Game screen don't open

Discussion in 'General Help' started by DUZ, Sep 19, 2011.

1. DUZ

DUZ Horde Gibber Tester

2. illu

illu En Garde! Donator Tester

I'm only hearing these "crash-at-startup" reports from people with very old hardware. I mean your graphics card is a low-end card from 2003. And your CPU isn't better either.
    Hm...if you find a "System.txt"-file inside the "logs"-folder, pls post the content.

3. DUZ

DUZ Horde Gibber Tester

4. MM

MM THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Is this the latest version 154?

I heard someone fixed this by simply updating his video drivers to the latest.

5. illu

Yes, he's using the latest build (the logs say "build: 154 version: 0.90A").

The last line in the console-log always is this one:
    "[0] Creating video device..."

And those people also don't have the "System.txt" so it crashes before the creation of that file.

As for the graphics cards driver: This guy here has a "GeForce FX 5200" and his drivers are already the latest (
    175.19). But most people with the crash issue have an old ATI. Mostly this one: "ATI Radeon 9600/9550/X1050 Series". Only for one guy the updating of the driver fixed the problems. But this guy also had a "System.txt" and it showed that most video driver features where unsupported. After updating the driver this changed.
    So apparently that was another issue since these guys here don't even have a "System.txt"-file.

6. illu

7. DUZ

DUZ Horde Gibber Tester

Nothing...

[​IMG]

8. MM

MM THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

9. Gxavz

Gxavz Shipwright

I'm from KAGBrasil.com, and this new dll (or the new update), stop the crash of my KAG, game working perfectly (sorry my bad english).

illu likes this.
  10. DUZ

DUZ Horde Gibber Tester

Fixed