1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Game Time and Map Name in Scoreboard screen

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by BlueLuigi, Feb 8, 2015.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

TL;DR:
    Simple suggestion, it's not something that can be modded in without the server being modded, and honestly it's something I'd like to see everywhere. Just adding to the top of the scoreboard screen the current time spent on the map (Including or excluding build time I do not care), as well as the name of the current map (NOT the directory, just the name).

----
    Maps right now can be named whatever you want, but I believe a lot of people keep the original name from the person, or use a good naming convention for their maps, so it should help if ever asking about a specific map, especially because there doesn't seem to be a way to take the map from the server (Short of being an admin, and even then it's saved to server?)

Game time is just something that should be very useful information for just about anyone I believe, when testing making new maps it's something I like to be wary of. If I'm attempting to make a fast map, how long does it really take for the game to finish? 5? 10? 30 minutes?, on average? Is it below average, above? I would also definitely enjoy seeing some of the larger servers using the info for telemetry as well on maps, 'stalemate' votes, size, amount of players, etc.

zerd, Noburu, startselect3 and 9 others like this.
  2. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

I'll put it on the list and see what I can do. I'm not sure this kind of stuff is even stored currently but it can be added if need be. Will check it out this week or next.

Noburu and BlueLuigi like this.
  3. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

YES BLUE, THE ANSWER IS YES

4. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Bump for justice! Has this been looked into yet?

hierbo likes this.
  5. hierbo

hierbo Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Well I doubt something that BlueLuigi suggested has anything to do with justice, but good bump nonetheless.

Noburu and BlueLuigi like this.
Mods: Rainbows