1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Gamemode idea contest - Trine: Enchanted Edition as prize

Discussion in 'Old Events/Giveaways/Contests' started by bunnie, Jun 16, 2016.

?

is Trine a good game?

Poll closed Jun 30, 2016.
  1. yes

36.0%
  2. no

4.0%
  3. GIB

16.0%
  4. reading Twilight is more enjoyable than playing this piece of an indie

4.0%
  5. I don't know

40.0%
  1. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

So, this is just a new gamemode idea contest. The prize is Trine: Enchanted Edition. Everyone that participates (your idea can't be some shit you came up with in 5 minutes, though) will get a green name on my next modded servers (modded CTF and maybe your idea (When i will learn c++ :rektlord:)), and also you will get VIP (you can join when full) on Iko's CTF Adventure!. And you will get my eternal love. :rekt:

Rules:
    - You need to think of a new gamemode idea. It can't be simply "modded ctf (just ctf with new things like shops, items, classes)" or "modded tth" or anything like that; but it can use some things that are used in these gamemodes - maps, shops, items, etc.
    - You must explain the gamemode and every detail of it
    - Try to make it as balanced as possible
    - You can't post gamemode ideas that were posted here or here
    - Please make your post as readable as possible
    - It can't be an idea of something that was already made (Juggernaut, wizard wars, MOBA mods etc.)
    - No 1 team only gamemodes
    - You may post multiple ideas, but only the best will count
    - You post your ideas in this thread
    - The contest ends at 8th of July
    - If there will be a few very good ideas I may buy two more Trine copies

Idea example:

Mod name: Juggernaut

It's a gamemode that uses modified TDM maps.

There are 2 teams: Heroes and Juggernauts.

Trading posts are removed.

Juggernauts team use the "Juggernaut" class. It's a strong 3 blocks tall knight with 60 hearts. Every 20 seconds it can use a nova ability that knockbacks you. It can't heal itself by food or hearts. It can break stone blocks. Juggernauts spawn with 4 bombs in inventory.

Heroes team are normal classes. Archers spawn with 2 bomb arrows and a burger. Knights spawn with 2 bombs, 1 burger and 1 mine.

For every 6 players in Heroes team there's one Juggernaut in Juggernaut team. (1-6 Heroes 1 Juggernaut, 7-12 Heroes 2 Juggernauts, etc.)

There's a queue system - Every match, 1 Juggernaut becomes a Hero and 1 Hero becomes a Juggernaut. The latest player to join will be the latest person to become Juggernaut.

So, yeah. Post your ideas here!

My english sucks hard so sorry for mistakes ::(:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2016
  2. BarsukEughen555

BarsukEughen555 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Air Battle
    2 teams w/ normal classes (excluding builder?) fight eachother on fullyvoid map, other then 2 starting bedrock islands. Overtime ships appear and your goal is to use those ships to kill enemy ships. More killed ships > better ships for your team. Cannons, ballsitas and pirates included.

3. NuclearmayhemNuc

NuclearmayhemNuc Catapult Fodder

King Game Mode.
    There is two teams, they both have one player being king. the king gets 2 health, and does no damage.
    if the king dies other team wins.

The king will be given a builder menu whit king only things which require alot of gold to build, like royal barracks or royal armoary. there should be plenty more but here is the game concept.

The king will also mostly be a person players come to and ask/beg for him to give items or such to.
    They will bring king gold to build the king buildings, but king can also make items for induviduals.

The king will be given a passive coin regeneration which he will spend tacticaly to give his prefered induviduals an advantige.

4. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

can you guys please post DETAILED ideas? give them some thought, think about them, balance it, not just post some random shit in 30 minutes. look at my juggernaut idea, i want lots of text to be 100% sure of your idea.

5. Vexrak

Vexrak Tech-Mage Donator

Tower Corruption
    Teams:
    There are 2 teams, the Corrupters and the Guardians. Each will start out in their designated areas. The Guardians will begin within their outpost near the vortex core testing lab. They'll have to secure and defend the area as the containment for the vortex core has just been breached by a massive explosion.
    Corruptors will start at the other end of the map in their very own outpost. They will have to mine and sell materials to gain credits in order to purchase items for the upcoming battle.
    Objectives:
    The vortex core is the main objective for both teams, the Guardians will be defending it while the Corrupters will attack. The Corrupters will have to destroy their way through the Guardians, while the Guardians will have to bunker down and bring out their best defenses.
    Gameplay:
    Corrupters will start with a light weapon of their choice, and have to mine for resources with a broken drill that can only mine dirt and resources. The resources they collect will be exchanged for credits, which will be used to receive better weapons, tools and vehicles. The Corrupters will not have the function to build and will only be able to place ladders in the case of getting stuck. The Guardians will only start with a drill and the ability to build, they will have to craft everything they require

During the start both teams will be limited to their areas, after a determined amount of time the round will begin. The Guardians will still be limited but to a larger area, this is so they cannot destroy the Corrupters base. The Corrupters will have full access to the map after the round begins.
    New Items:
    Neutral:
    • Outposts: Bigger, modified, team spawn tents which are basic pre-built structures, that contain certain workshops depending on which team you are on.
    • Iron Ore: A new resource found underground, exactly like stone. 4 Iron Ore per hit. 6 hits to break.
    • Thick Iron Ore: A new resource found underground, exactly like thick stone. 6 Iron Ore for the first 6 hits then 4 Iron Ore for the last 5.
    • Steel: A new resource made from Coal Ore and Iron Ore in the Builder Tab, basically upgraded stone.
    • Coal Ore: A new resource purely added just to make steel. 6 Coal Ore per hit. 5 hits to break.
    • Thick Coal Ore: A new resource found underground, similar to thick stone. 8 Coal Ore for the first 5 hits then 6 Coal Ore for the last 4.
    • Titanium Ore: A new resource found underground, strongest material available. 1 Titanium Ore per hit.14 hits to break.
    • Thick Titanium Ore: A new resource found underground, again similar to thick stone. 2 Titanium Ore for the first 14 hits then 1 Titanium Ore for the last 7.
    • Iron Block: A basic block made from 10 Iron Ore. 7 hits to break.
    • Steel Block: A basic block made from 10 Steel Ore. 14 hits to break.
    • Titanium Block: A basic block made from 10 Titanium Ore. 21 hits to break.
    • Energy Cell: A power cell that'll power most, if not all robotics and tech. It'll have to be recharged after a certain amount of use.
    • Charging Station: Once an energy cell dies, it'll need to be recharged. To recharge an energy cell, craft and place down a charging station, access the station by pressing E and choose an empty charging slot. Once fully charged take the full energy cell and place it back into your device.
    • Weapons: Guardians won't start with any weapons, just a drill which can do some damage but won't be very effective. Corrupters on the other hand will start with a light secondary weapon, but no means of block destruction. Weapons will mainly be firearms, but there will be a 2 types of energy swords. The heavy and light energy sword, the heavy is able to do more damage but it's slower and easy to dodge, the light is nimble and quick, but does lower damage. Weapons will consist of pistols, shotguns, snipers, missile launchers, assault riffles, grenade launchers and laser cannons.
    • Shields: There will be 2 types of shields, hand held energy shields, and deployable energy shields. Deployable energy shields will be passable only by the team that deployed it, they'll be 5 x 5 blocks and act like a bubble shield. Hand held energy shields are like Knight's shields but can be used by any player.
    • Drills: There are 3 tiers of drills, steel, titanium, and laser drills. Steel being the weakest is the same speed as an average builder, for balancing reasons. Titanium is 1.5 times faster, and the laser drill is 2 times faster but extremely hard to get. These are mainly for the Corrupters but can be used by Guardians as well if they'd like faster drills.
    Guardians:
    • Defense Turrets: An automatically aiming and firing turret with 3 different load outs. Heavy machine gun, missile launcher and shotgun. Each can be upgraded, for farther range, shorter reload speed, higher damage and better shield systems.
    • Guard Robots: These droids will automatically patrol a set location, and defend with the weapon they have been given. They will be upgradable in speed, defense, attack and mobility.
      They start out with no weapon, so you have to craft one on your own. Press E to access the robots interface and give it the weapon. To upgrade, you'll have to access the robots menu by pressing E and selecting the upgrade option, then choose the category you'd like to upgrade (make sure you have an upgrade chip).
    • Robotics Workshop: The Robotics workshop is where you'll be able to craft most A.I. based items and the required components for them. Defense Turrets and Guard Robots.
    • Tech Engineering Station: This is the workshop where you can create almost every item and workshop. This station is built into the Guardians main outpost. It allows you to create Weapon Stations, Advanced Weapon Stations, Energy Cells, and Charging Stations.
    Corrupters:
    • Trap Defuser: This can be used by the player or drone that it's given too. It will defuse most traps.
    • Attack Drones: Hovering drones that can be given certain items, they will automatically try to retrieve the Vortex Core but is slowed drastically when holding it. They are also easily destroyed. They can be given light weaponry and trap defusers.
    • Horizontal Breach Explosive: An explosive that will stick to most surfaces, it will damage most blocks within a 2 x 5 horizontal radius.
    • Vertical Breach Explosive: An explosive that will stick to most surfaces, it will damage most blocks within a 2 x 5 vertical radius.
    • Trade Station: A trading station where Corrupters can exchange their materials for credits.
    • Ordering Kiosk: This is a machine that's located in the Corrupters' outpost, which is the equivalent to all of the Guardians' workshops. You can order everything the Guardian's can craft in exchange for credits. Obviously some things are exclusive to each teams, like Guard Robots, and you cannot order Workshops as they are redundant if you posses a kiosk. Your item will arrive via drop pod within 15 seconds.
    • Portable Ordering Kiosks: An item that allows you to order items anywhere on the battlefield.
    Extra Detail:
    Tower Corruption is like King Of The Hill and One Way CTF.
    This game mode will call for large custom maps and as you can tell I'm going for a futuristic vibe, so a texture pack should be created as well.

Last edited: May 29, 2017
  6. BarsukEughen555

there's already Attack/Defense gamemode
    meh

PUNK123 likes this.
  7. Vexrak

Vexrak Tech-Mage Donator

What's wrong with having a different sci-fi version with way more content?

Also, there's already an airship mode. It's in classic and there's fewer content.
    Or did you not know about that? Just like I didn't know about Attack/Defense?

Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
    bunnie likes this.
  8. BarsukEughen555

Reading is for weaklings?

9. blackjoker77777

blackjoker77777 Haxor Tester
    1. Zen Laboratories

Basically because Wormy is asking for new concepts, not modified ones.
    So, you're supposed to actually 'invent' a new idea that could inspire him, in an attempt to see if that new gamemode -you came with- might see the light.
    PS: I might bring up my idea to the table when I manage to use my PC.
    Edit: wow, I posted this before the last two posts.. and it only showed up right now? I truly do hate this cellular network..

Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
  10. BarsukEughen555

blackjokur 4 win

11. BarsukEughen555

not salty, just mentioned there's such gamemode and you have to post up fresh ideas
    strictness from my side?

12. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

tower defense and attack defense are 2 other things, stop being jealous of his idea and learn how to make a proper idea instead of some shit wrote in 5 minutes please. Yes i'm looking at you barsuk, i should disqualify you because i've got cancer from your idea you wrote in 2 minutes

13. Psiklaw

Psiklaw Bison Rider

I WANT TO BELIEVE
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 17, 2016, Original Post Date: Jun 17, 2016 ---
    I like this one a lot, I think TTH would be very fitting (the king is the only one who can open crates? :D )

Vexrak, Magmus and bunnie like this.
  14. Vexrak

Vexrak Tech-Mage Donator

~Reserved~
    Thinking of an idea that's actually possible to create in KAG.
    Title
    Teams:
    Objectives:
    Gameplay:
    New Items:
    Notes:

Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
  15. Jonttubosse

Jonttubosse Ballista Bolt Thrower

First of all I already have trine it's awesome so don't give me the prize hahah xD. Secondly I have tried to make this gamemode by myself into kag classic but I suck so bad that I couldn't make it work the way I wanted to! ::P: It should be fine on kag beta too hue heheh

Welps My idea is (any lotr fans here? ) A minas thirith defense! Huee yes

2 Teams: :blue:Minas Thirith and :red:Filthy Orcs
    Orcs would have twice as much players on their team than Minas Thirith.
    Orcs are much weaker than Minas Thirit players but have much more spawn tickets.
    Tickets:___ Minas 3 tickets per player___ Orcs: 10 tickets per player
    Example: 5 minasthirith defenders with 15 tickets versus 10 charging orcs with 100 tickets.
    Minas Thirith would have workshops and bombs while Orcs are much simpler and weaker team. They could buy expensive kegs though.
    Orcs win if they take Minas Thirith's flag or kill every defender. And Minas Thirith wins only if they beat out every orc. (Orcs don't have a flag)
    Gamemode is supposed to be hard to beat and not balanced. Only mighty defenders may stop orcs. hah

I'll have pretty lame map of this and I'll upload it here soon. You can use and custom it freerly!:thumbs_up:
    gandalf.png minas.png here it is. I highly suggest yout to custom this to fit in your purposes.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
    Elfhero, Nicuwins and Osmal like this.
  16. joshua12131415

joshua12131415 Bison Rider Tester

Game mode name: I'm not good at naming anything, so you can choose...
    Beginning of Game / Spawning
    Free for all, but players can team up with a max of 5 players. All players originally spawn in gray team (!team -1) and can kill each other (to prevent spawn killing, you have 5 seconds of immunity where you cannot give or receive damage, place or brake blocks etc.
    Leveling Up
    Kill enemies to earn xp, which you use to level up.
    Each time you fill your xp full, something like this will show up on the screen:
    Capture.PNG
    Obviously any irrelevant text would have to be changed to other things like:
    • sword/bow damage
    • max health
    • walking / swimming speed
    • bonus resources (sometimes mining wood / stone / gold can and give double the usual amount or more)
    • damage resistance
    • Block placement / braking speed.
    • anything else you can think of, you get the idea..
    If you kill a builder that hasn't hurt you in the last minute, you will lose large amount of xp, just to make things fair. It's ok to kill knights and archers because they are offensive classes.
    Killing players who are at a higher level then you give lots of xp.

Other stuff
    There are no coins in this game mode, making ammo ( bombs / arrows / anything that costs money) will have to use new resources like:
    • Gun powder which is mined underground. ( for explosives )
    • Oil found underground, acts like water, can only be obtained with buckets. ( fire arrows) (used for lanterns(yes, lanterns run out of light, so need to be refilled.
    • Glass (sand cooked inside a new shop ( furnace ))( for water arrows and lanterns )
    • Latex ( or rubber) for making trampolines. Mined from bushes.
    Without coins, some stuff will be harder to get, and all rely on builders to get them. Explosives, all special arrows , and trampolines will be harder to get. Only the best teams will afford these. In order to get explosives and fire arrows, you have to go underground. We don't want people tunneling and building underground bases too much, so that's why lanterns need to be refiled. Tunnels ( which have been lit up by lanterns) that people haven't used in a while will re-hide itself once the lanterns die ( because tunnels make the not-underground scenery look ugly... And so that enemies capture tunneling easier because it will be dark if no one is refilling them.
    Shops
    There are some new shops:
    • Furnace to make glass and smelt ore.
    • The normal plant nursery that some mods already have.
    • Some others that i can't think of right now...
    Blocks
    Some new blocks are:

• Sand for making glass. This block will only register collisions with anything directly underneath it, so it will fall if there is not block there ( not making sky bridges out of sand...)
    • Oil for making lanterns and fire arrows.
    • (unnamed) explosive ore or making gun power for making bombs / kegs / bomb arrows / Batista upgrade bomb bolts.

This isn't finished yet but i can't think of anything else right now...
    If anyone decides to make this mod ( which is probably impossible ), i will be happy to be a spriter, here are a few sprites that i am making to help with a mod (except the tree and log which i just edited, and the eagle that is epsilons) https://forum.thd.vg/conversations/sprites.35467/
    I haven't read over this but i can't be bothered, sry for and mistakes :QQ:

Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
    Vexrak likes this.
  17. Pirate-Rob

Pirate-Rob Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

Gamemode: Recruitment

Maps
    :
    Each map would have a village in the center, and two base camps on each side.

Setup:
    There are 3 teams.
    Red and blue both start with 1 player each, the Recruiter.
    Red and blue recruiters will start in their base camp.
    Each base camp has a tent for recruiters and the recruited to respawn at.
    The third team will be neutral players who spawn in the village.

Recruiters:
    The recruiter class is essentially a reskinned knight, he will try to recruit the neutral villagers. He can only recruit 5 villagers onto his team. The recruiter cannot change class.

Villagers:
    They start as builders, but can switch to archer and knight by building shops. Recruiters can recruit villagers onto their team, in which case they become permanently aligned to that team until the next round.

Goals:
    For recruiters, the goal is to destroy the enemy team's tent, once the tent is destroyed, the round ends.
    For villagers, the goal is either to join a team, or farm crops/chickens to sell for gold/coins. When the round ends, the two people with the most gold/coins become recruiters in the next round. There'll also be a high score table for most gold/coins collected in a round.

Notes:
    Villagers can get killed by blue and red, so for them to collect gold might be hard with a raging war going on.
    Recruitment is voluntary, you have to go up to the tent and press the recruit button.
    Because of the 5 soldier cap per army, if the server has more than 12 players, some players will have to stay villagers.
    The recruiter might need to be slightly buffed so he can quickly execute any villagers he does not want to join his army.
    Grain would be changed in a way that makes it drop seeds so it becomes farmable.

Modifications maybe?:
    The army cap for each army might need to be based on how many players are currently in the server rather than a set number.
    Maybe for every x number of players, there are more recruiters, so there can be more than 2 recruiters.

18. kiaran

kiaran Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

quest adventure:
    its where there are 2 teams one controled by people and the other by a.i's.
    there will be a boss fight at the end
    its pretty basic
    maybe there is a other team of real people trying to stop you from coming to the end of the map(s) instead of a A.I
    also, maybe A.I minions

(i think its a good idea)

Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
    BarsukEughen555 likes this.
  19. Vexrak

Vexrak Tech-Mage Donator

Holy crap, this has got to be the winner.
    Conglaturamations.

kiaran likes this.
  20. BarsukEughen555

plz yes
    who the fuck cares that there is already such mod from piraterob?

PUNK123 and Pirate-Rob like this.