1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Gang Garrison 2 - a TF2 demake

Discussion in 'Other games' started by RebelINS, Jun 3, 2011.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. RebelINS

RebelINS Guest

http://www.ganggarrison.com

Where I originated from. If you guys are into fast-paced, 2d platformer shooter action, check out Gang Garrison 2. There's a pretty large community around the game, including stuff like modding, map making, strategy discussion, and feature requests.

I'm one of the premier players and members of that community (moderator of the art and tourney subforum, and voted top runner '09 and firebug '10), so if anyone from here wants to take the plunge, I can help guide you through the game and forums.

Since the game was made in Game Maker, the entire thing is open source, which is really great for guys who want to learn a bit of coding/design. GML is similar to Java and C, but it makes a lot of things less tedious like drawing sprites, reading from files, and linking sprites/objects/scripts.

I also happen to be the sole creator, artist and designer of INS mod (check sig for wikia), a full-blown GG2 mod.
    I've some more information and videos here: http://www.youtube.com/user/GG2RebelINS and in my art thread.

2. who

who Shopkeep Stealer

I used to play this game and had a lot of fun with both it and the normal Tf2, but the game has mysteriously stopped working on my computer :(.

3. saniblues

saniblues KAG Guard Tester

4. Nebuchadnezzar

Nebuchadnezzar Shopkeep Stealer

Sick I heard about this a while ago but forgot about it. Downloading :)

5. poe

poe Shopkeep Stealer

Every time I wanted to try it with my TF2 mates, they all claimed it wasn't good D:
    Now I think I'll try it :)

6. saniblues

There are some bad balance issues with the game, but you learn a thing or two from it that your tf2 buddies could apply to the game.

Notably, Sentries. I learned how to be a real dick with mini sentries because gg2 taught me to move them after they get so many kills to throw the enemy off (despite having to destroy them in gg2 rather than move them, but that's not an issue since metal regenerates)

7. HODOR

HODOR Guest

Downloaded, I'm in awe

8. RebelINS

RebelINS Guest

9. illu

illu En Garde! Donator Tester

Omg...make a trailer as awesome as this one for KAG. I beg you! You have some skills. :O
    Maybe wait for the visuals-update but go for it...I will love you forever! (and I bet MM too)

10. RebelINS

RebelINS Guest

11. saniblues

rebel i swear to god i'm gonna lock that thread three times when i get back on the forum

12. NEMS

NEMS Arsonist

This looks great :D

Mods: BlueLuigi