1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Getting this sprite to work?

Discussion in 'General Help' started by Deathspawn, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Deathspawn

Deathspawn Shopkeep Stealer

I'm not going to post pictures, because those of you who do mod will know the answer to this.
    Anyway, I modded the knight's sword to flash red when you do the super attack. However, it now shows the background of the sprite, you know, black with a bit of white in it.
    How do I fix this?
    I want to create a lightsaber texture pack for the knights.

p.s i dun care dat someone else do eet i want to trie to

2. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Hmm, well your English has left me confused and it's hard for me to understand the question.

I assume your problem is something along the lines off: My sprite shows a a white background that shouldn't be there. If that is the case, you just need to make the background transparent. If you edited this in paint, it will save it with a white background which will show up in game. I'd use a program like Photoshop or Paint.net to do that.

I still can't understand why you don't want to post pictures because it'd help solve the problem, and if you want this question to be answered, why you not want help, even if someone modded stuff before?

3. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

This is the site my brother makes his with and you just use the rubber button and it goes to the transparent background, I hope this helps.

http://www.sumopaint.com/start/

4. Deathspawn

Thanks but, how do I get it to work?
    Do I need to set up layers or is there a special button for getting rid of backgrounds?
    </br>--- merged: Mar 18, 2012 6:23 AM ---</br>
    [​IMG]
    There, that's what I mean.
    Sorry that my english isn't that great.

5. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

Yeh, you see that grey and white tiled background? That is "Transparent" And I can't really understand what you are saying?
    So ingame you can't if you have the grey and white you will see nothing? Get it?

6. Deathspawn

Alright, let me start again.
    I have created the sprite above, well, edited it. When you hold down the left click button, the sword flashes red. I was going to progress from that and make it a lightsaber. You know, off star wars?
    So, I was wondering how to get rid of all that background crap. The black and white.
    Using the site you gave me, I want to know if there is a tool to make the background transparent, but not the sprites.
    So the questions:
    1) Is there a tool for getting rid of the background from the sprites, or do I have to do it manually.
    2) How do I get rid of the background/make it transparent?

7. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

ok, so what background?
    and the only way I know how to make it transperent is to just "ctrl+z" if you make a mistake or there is a box in the top right of the painting app (With all of your "Edits") and find which edit you want to delete.
    </br>--- merged: Mar 18, 2012 7:13 AM ---</br>
    This is what I did in a few seconds in that applications using the "Bucket" tool.

EDIT:Wait, Wait, Wait, I know what you mean now, you want to get rid of say the whole head altogether, because you use the eraser tool, the forth tool down on the first column. And out "Flow" to 100

Attached Files:

8. Deathspawn

The background is the black and white. God, I feel like an idiot.
    Shown in the picture.
    The area that is behind the knight. It's visible and I really want to get rid of it. No other textures have it so I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
    Look, nvm. Don't bother.
    EDIT:
    Just what I want to do is get rid of the black and white background that is behind the person/knight. I feel like an alien, since I was born and grew up with English.
    You see, once I get into the game, there's that black and white area. As seen in the picture. I know it's from the sprite. So I want to know how to get rid of it without spending 30 minutes making the background transparent.
    EDIT:
    Fixed using transparent tool, CS5 Photoshop.
    Thanks.