1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Ghost Hunt Version 1 =D

Discussion in 'Game modes' started by Zuke, Jul 4, 2012.

?

Is it good ?

Poll closed Aug 3, 2012.
  1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

50.0%
  3. Awesome

25.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Zuke

Zuke Shopkeep Stealer

This my First time modded gamemode =D

Thank for try it =D
    </br>--- merged: Jul 4, 2012 10:07 AM ---</br>
    Idea form POWER's everyone .

Attached Files:

2. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Sooooo... What's the basic idea behind it?

3. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

Team 1 seems to be called survivors and team 2 evil demons, which feature an "evil builder" which has 10 health...
    Still don't get the point though.

4. Lainiko

Lainiko Catapult Fodder

It should be Ghost to hunting Human and Human is defend

5. Zuke

Zuke Shopkeep Stealer

i'll try better . this is my first modded gamemode so Don't blame me =[
    </br>--- merged: Jul 5, 2012 2:31 AM ---</br>
    i'll try better . this is my first modded gamemode so Don't blame me =[

6. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

It's not so much that anyone's blaming anyone, I was just curious to the modifications!

7. Zuke

Zuke Shopkeep Stealer

S
    oh . i just scared :p
    </br>--- merged: Jul 5, 2012 5:08 AM ---</br>
    lol , niko . this first time ti see you posting in fourm =]

8. YEAH_NAH

YEAH_NAH Shipwright

You never said what you actually do in the game mode.

Cirom likes this.
  9. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

That isn't what everyone is saying, when you post a modification you say what you changed and what its purpose is.
    So... maybe you should do it.

YEAH_NAH likes this.
  10. Zuke

Zuke Shopkeep Stealer

Sorry about that . i forget it . Niko said the meaning of this gamemode =D

11. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

Take a look at other modifications and use them as an example.
    "It should be Ghost to hunting Human and Human is defend"​
    ._. still not the best way to describe.​

12. The language barrier seems to be preventing a lot of people from understanding the game-mode, so I'll try my best to sort it all out.

The history behind this creation, is that RoflcopterV22 had just purchased a private server for us POWER members to mess around on. Everything was swell, except the builder animations were a little messed up (most probably out-dated, or something like that). So, me being the guy that's not tech savvy whatsoever, had the brilliant idea of replacing the server's builder sprite, with the current one in the KAG folder. Rofl changed the files, and reset the server and when we returned (we being Zuke, Ruleral, Rofl, Nitz and I, possibly some others) we had a pleasant surprise. The builders' animations were no longer messed up and whatnot as mentioned before. Instead, the builders were completely invisible. So, we had invisible builders on each team sneaking up on people and butt-raping them. We pretended that the builders were ghosts and the rest were ghost hunters. We all thought it would make a funny little game-mode to play every once in a while.

So, I haven't played this particular version yet (as I said previously, not tech-savvy at all), but knowing what happened to inspire it, I can explain the general gist of it. Basically, from what I can gather, there's a team of builders that are OP, these are the ghosts (or demons or whatever) and the rest must try to survive these builders that have weak hits, with a fast rate of fire and a lot of health. I'm guessing there's no invisible builders, but hey, that's an easy thing to add if you want an authentic experience :p

tl;dr? Basically, there's a team of strong builders up against a team of knights archers. These builders are demonic/ghastly, and the rest must hunt them to survive. Sorry if I'm wrong and I hope I helped break the language barrier here.

13. YEAH_NAH

YEAH_NAH Shipwright

hmmm, the invis builders are interesting, considering the sprites are in your kag folder... (changing them on the hosts computer doesn't make them change for the people playing on the server)

This gamemode sounds interesting though.